cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBMoAfee
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

MoAfee is a virous?!

Last night, when I was looking though something about CSS3, I opened a website and it let me click allow to avoid DDOS and the browser showed a MessageBox(with no other information).

When I finish it, there is another one, at that time, I was even laughing at how stupid the website was, it was impossible to defend by clicking a button, just pull out the subroutine in the JS.
Then, a large number of pop-up windows popped up on the computer, [Blackmail me] Quickly install your anti-virus software. It even tried to install the exe, but it was blocked by Huorong Antivirus.
I was not the only one who got caught, even my friend's computer had pop-up advertisements, which were very stuck all day long, and these advertisements were warning users to install your anti-virus software.
This has to make me suspect that this is what you guys did.

Similar situation:

McAfee Support Community - McAfee is a virus! - McAfee Support Community

Is McAfee a virus? : antivirus (reddit.com)

This is simply more disgusting than 2345, more disgusting than P2P downloader!

3 Replies
SBMoAfee
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: MoAfee is a virous?!

Sorry, I changed my idea, look what I'm talking about.

Now, what I am thinking is:

McAfee is the best security software because it prevents you from running your computer.

SBMoAfee
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

First, let's evaluate the appearance of McAfee security software: the main color is Chinese red, which is in line with the color preferences of Chinese people. It is reported that John, the creator of McAfee security software, has done some illegal and criminal things, and I think John’s original intention is not to let more people become like him and do bad things, so he will Only when McAfee users focus on learning can they be successful, so users who have installed McAfee generally cannot play games, especially games on Steam. Only in this way, McAfee users will focus on learning, and will not become a bad guy like John. Western countries pay attention to copyright awareness, so it is difficult for McAfee users to use cracking software; and McAfee has trade relations with many companies (such as A factory), in order to give the so-called "friends" enough face, McAfee usually will It allows you to use and buy various genuine software, and by the way, let many consumers strengthen their copyright awareness. From this point of view, McAfee's approach is at least "educational". We all know that a computer is simply composed of software and hardware. In order to encourage hardware equipment manufacturers to speed up the pace of innovation and continuously introduce higher-performance hardware, McAfee software will keep the computer in a dying state without blue screen, so as to spur hardware equipment manufacturers to create more high-end hardware. With the rapid development of science and technology, people are becoming more and more dependent on intelligent devices. And this will make them easy to "forget words".😊

In order to allow users to return to the fun of handwriting and smell the natural fragrance of ink on paper, McAfee software will delete some files that users have worked hard to type, especially the program code source files. Only in this way, users will experience the happiness of handwriting.

😀

BrutishGrape4
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@SBMoAfee wrote:

Last night, when I was looking though something about CSS3, I opened a website and it let me click allow to avoid DDOS and the browser showed a MessageBox(with no other information).

When I finish it, there is another one, at that time, I was even laughing at how stupid the website was, it was impossible to defend by clicking a button, just pull out the subroutine in the JS.
Then, a large number of pop-up windows popped up on the computer, [Blackmail me] Quickly install your anti-virus software. It even tried to install the exe, but it was blocked by Huorong Antivirus.
I was not the only one who got caught, even my friend's computer had pop-up advertisements, which were very stuck all day long, and these advertisements were warning users to install your anti-virus software.
This has to make me suspect that this is what you guys did.

Similar situation:

McAfee Support Community - McAfee is a virus! - McAfee Support Community

Is McAfee a virus? : antivirus (reddit.com)

This is simply more disgusting than 2345, more disgusting than P2P downloader!

we all realize that a PC is just made out of programming and equipment. To urge equipment gear makers to accelerate the speed of development and persistently present better execution equipment, McAfee programming will keep the PC in a withering state without a blue screen

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community