Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bowzerbird
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

Mcafee Anti Spam Toolbar and Thunderbird 9.0

Hi Guys,

Been reading McAfee's & Mozilla's forums regarding the problem with McAfee's Anti Spam Toolbar being incompatible with TB. Have Thunderbird version 9.0.1 & McAfee Total Protect 2012.

1. Did the update patch from McAfee

2. Followed ALL the instructions from McAfee & TB to "fix" the problem. [from McAfee <> Navigation <> General Settings <> Access Protection & Web Email <> Anti-Spam <> Anti-Spam Toolbar]

Is there anyone out there that knows when McAfee will fix the toolbar disabled function and have it working again? Maybe I should do a "chat" with McAfee's online chat. They haven't been very helpful in the past so hopefully, someone here has the answer.

Hope so and thanks in advance,

Ellen

11 Replies
dms26
Contributor III
Message 2 of 12

Re: Mcafee Anti Spam Toolbar and Thunderbird 9.0

Ellen,

The problem has been ongoing since TB 7.  I started a thread asking back in Sept.  I was told by one of the experts on the forum the fix is coming with Anti Spam (v13).  We are currently running Anti Spam (v12). They did fix it for TB6.  Then TB 7, 8, and 9 came out so quickly back to back to back.   We just have to wait.  I uninstalled TB 8 and put TB 3 back on my system until the update arrives.

Hope this helps,

Dominic

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 12

Asked he who knows for comment. I am running AS 13 beta but not running TB at all.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

I understand your concern because I also use TB at home.  I've pushed to get a new toolbar created for these newer versions of Thunderbird, and I've been told that we'll likely have one sometime this summer (I can't be more exact because I'm not involved in the scheduling).

HTH

mqsuser
Contributor III
Message 5 of 12

The toolbar needs to be enabled in Thunderbird 8.0 onward version manually by you.

You can enable the AntiSpam toolbar by doing the following steps.

Go to the tools menu.

Click on Add-ons-> Go to Extensions and Enable the 'McAfee Anti Spam Thunderbird Extension 2.0" as it will be in the disable state.

One you enable it then click on "Restart now" then you should be able to see the McAfee AntiSpam button over there.

Thunderbird is disabling all the Add-ons extension by default.

dms26
Contributor III
Message 6 of 12

here is this "Thunderbird Extension 2.0" coming from?  under the Add Ons in Tools,  I have 1.0.  It does not update to a newer 2.0 version.

mqsuser
Contributor III
Message 7 of 12

"Thunderbird Extension 2.0" will be shipped alongwith ASV13 which will be released soon.

loudo
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

How much longer are we going to have to wait? It has been over a year since the toolbar worked in Thunderbird. I have Messages going to SPAM that shouldn't and SPAM staying in my Inbox that shouldn't.

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 12

What TB version have you got now. I will pass the question up the line for you.

loudo
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Tony, I am using 13.0.1, the latest version of Thunderbird.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community