Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 76

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter has been stopped working while opeing anti-spam

Jump to solution

See btrombley's response above regarding this issue:

The update that addresses this issue is rolling out today. It will be downloaded as an automatic update over the coming days and weeks.  If you'd like a fix immediately, you can reinstall from McAfee My Account.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 52 of 76

Jump to solution

It wasn't a glitch, it was an erroneous setting in my thread view, sorry about that.

user_6
Former Member
Message 53 of 76

Jump to solution

Hello, good news!

2 questions:

1. Will this update be available today all over the world?

2.will the numbers of Security center or Anti Spam be changed? To be sure the update is done.

Regards,

blennerhasset
Former Member
Message 54 of 76

Jump to solution

...and 3. Will this fix also address the issue in the related thread referenced here 'Is Internet Explorer 9 OK?' (there's no update at that thread itself for some time)?

==============================

"I'm just a passerby, as you might say"

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 55 of 76

Jump to solution

That was more to do with using beta versions of IE9 I believe, which is no longer applicable since the final version has been released for some time.  So yes it should have settled all the problems.

blennerhasset
Former Member
Message 56 of 76

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit - no, I'm afraid not, your assumption is unwarranted. That it's the fault of beta software is a response that's been made on numerous occasions over a long period and it isn't true. (I'm sure a lot of fellow sufferers witll agree.)

I've had the 'no McAfee display' problem with IE9 installed on a brand new laptop (all released software, all preloaded); I've also had it return with a reinstall of latest IE9 on same machine; I've also had it on a second, older laptop also with latest IE9 installed.

Currently, I'm running with IE8 on both as that doesn't manifest the same problem.

I've gone through McAfee support with this too and their solutions did not work and it seemed clear they didn't have a targetted fix. It should therefore have been raised up the chain as a significant bug and corrected, not brushed under the carpet.

There's been a lot of complacency about this issue, which is why I asked for specific confirmation that it's resolved in this new release.

==============================

"I'm just a passerby, as you might say"

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 57 of 76

Jump to solution

I said that because it was true.  If you've been getting blank UI with no beta browsers installed then there has to be something in your machine interfering with Internet Explorer's normal function.  The UI is an IE page, albeit internally displayed.

The blank page issue was rife with beta versions of IE7, 8 and 9, not all beta versions mind you, but some.

If you've checked all your browser add-ons and Windows is up to date, plus IE is set to its default settings and you obtained the final version of IE9 from Microsoft and not some 3rd party, plus you have no competing security software, then I suggest opening a new case with Technical Support and this time ask them to escalate it.

I assure you it isn't a very common problem.

I'm using IE9 in all my OS's except my XP virtual machines, and have no such issues and they all have the latest McAfee Total Protection installed.

That issue, however, has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/05/11 8:56:47 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 58 of 76

Jump to solution

As a footnote, for those of you using 64-bit systems, don't ever use the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer as this will cause many problems.  There are very few add-ons that work with the 64-bit one, that's why there are 2 listed in your Start/All Programs menu.

The x64 IE is, as they say, "for future use".

Anyway, my remarks were regarding one post only, the one to do with blank user interfaces which got thrown into this thread for some reason by user blennerhasset, not the anti-spam issue being discussed here which has been addressed by an update that is in the process of being distributed.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/05/11 8:05:40 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 59 of 76

Jump to solution

jerome.lichne wrote:

Hello, good news!

2 questions:

1. Will this update be available today all over the world?

2.will the numbers of Security center or Anti Spam be changed? To be sure the update is done.

Regards,

1. Released yesterday, but it will take time to reach everyone as stated.   If you want to expedite it, uninstall, use the cleanup tool listed under Useful Links above, reboot and rienstall.

2. Yes - the Antispam version will change.

There is also a general update to the 2011 final versions being distributed so the 'a restart is required' may happen again.

Both these updates however take time to reach all areas.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/05/11 8:11:36 EDT AM
user_6
Former Member
Message 60 of 76

Jump to solution

Thank you Peter,

I'll wait for Anti-Spam update or 2011 version with my old IE8.

It OK like this, and I don't want to spend 30 minutes to re-install all the software!

I just hope that my old country will not be the last one reached by those updates!

Regards,

on 11/05/11 09:57:13 CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community