We continue to wait.... How can I disable or turn off anti-spam in the meantime?
Win 7 Home Premiun 32-bit
MSC Build 10.5.227
Last update 05/04/2011 - Last reinstall: 05/03/2011
I assume web and email protection antispam and turn off.
Alternatively uninstall and install the 2011 product. IT will be online at US soon and at the Aussie server now.
Really wait would be easier but of course if you use ie9 you cannot use the GIU to set it to off. You can use add remove to selectively remove only anti spam.Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/05/11 1:12:03 PM
Only possibilty is to uninstall McAfee and restinal User defined without email protection....
Anyway - if I wait a few more weeks, my licences will expire and i may buy Norton...
It's a shame, that McAfee is not able to fix such a Problem within Hours or Days!
I had given the service-team a second chance. It was like the first contact: sobering. After they had told me they had a solution and they were the experts , they reinstalled McAfee and IE. But there was no solution. Now I'm in the same lucky situation as smoky and I think it's time for something NEW.... It doesn't start with "Mc"
Jay above said this issue not with the 2011 version now being released. Why cannot you install it and things supposedly will be fixed.
Did either you i the reinstall get 2011 ie Security centre 11? Identified by the about in top right of GUI opening screenMessage was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/05/11 6:53:25 AM
as I am french maybe I do not understand all nuances of your post.
To resume the situation:
All McAfee PAYING customers who have not yet, by update, 2011 version, if they are living in a country where servers do not yet give them the last version (it is my situation...), and if they use McAfee Anti-Spam, are not allowed to use IE9....
You can uninstall and install again thouthands times: when the server gives you an old version, the problem remains.
So we are curious to see how long is necessary to McAfee developpers to fix this issue.
McAfee belongs to Intel now, no?
The worst part in this situation, is the silence of Mcaffe team.
It is not a good behaviour.
Regards,Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 06/05/11 17:07:42 CDT
Ok if you want a french version I can see why you need to wait I am running the beta Mcafee and hve no such issue. I have ie9 and opened anti spam settings 10 times in past hour testing it.
Only the aussie and maybe US /UK site s give new version on fresh installs. The french server should be available later on this month maybe. A particular date not available sorry.
The aussie server is updating old versions now as well so updates follow around a week or 2 after downloads available.
Re feedback all users above not in france sorry answer not to your liking. Wll restir themMessage was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/05/11 5:25:07 PM
Pherhaps they want to sell you an Upgrade/Extension to 2011 - it is available in German - also as a Test-Download - but not for allready paying customers!!!
on 07.05.11 00:37:23 CDT
That is strange as the De version coming out same day as French and no you will not be charged for it.
Where is this test version shown?Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/05/11 5:32:00 PM
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: