Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smoky
Former Member
Message 41 of 76

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter has been stopped working while opeing anti-spam

Jump to solution

http://home.mcafee.com/Store/FreeTrial.aspx

if you have a german Browser you get the German-Version offered.

If I log in, I get:

Total Protection                (Kostenlose Probe für 30 Tage)             

Sie sind nicht berechtigt, die kostenlose Testversion in Ansprech zu nehmen. Sie müssen über ein Abonnement verfügen, um den Dienst nutzen zu können. Klicken Sie hier.#

Perhaps it would work, if i first deinstall and then make a new account with an other eMail address....

... but then I would probably loose my remaining 80 Days...

So far to McAfee's existing customer satisfaction....

Nachricht geändert durch smoky

ps: you may also change the Country to see the German version... on 07.05.11 03:43:07 CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 42 of 76

Jump to solution

Is that the 2011 version? I think that is a trial of the 2010 version renamed as 2011 which they appear to do each October. Marketing like to release a new version every September/October.  Most firms do this and most are not actual new versions. Mcafee's is an up to date version 10.5. The real 2011 is version 11 ofSsecurity Centre. The 2011 actual version is not offerred as a trial yet.

That is my feeling I can confirm this next Manday moderator call.

smoky
Former Member
Message 43 of 76

Jump to solution

The Picture (readable if you open/enlarge it) and the Text in the Order say it's 2011 - so you tell me... if they show 2011 an deliver 2010... well I'd rather won't comment on that....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 76

Jump to solution

As Tony said, most firms do this.  We have shown our disapproval of the process but unfortunately marketing has the say in that matter, they keep saying 'for competitive reasons, etc. etc.'.   As long as your subscription is current you will automatically upgrade to any new versions in due course.  The actual 2011 products are still in the process of slowly being released as we speak.

smoky
Former Member
Message 45 of 76

Jump to solution

Offtopic - for forwarding: Talking about "Marketing" - they should also consider the pricing - in Germany the "Discounted" price ist just about twice as much as in the States. Buying here a new Version online with a independent Dealer is again only about the same price as the renewal in the States....

If subcription pricing would be more competitive, I would probably not worry that much about changing towards a competitive product (if problems are really fixed)....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 46 of 76

Jump to solution

Agreed and that's another point we have brought up frequently but again, it's marketing that decides.

btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 47 of 76

Jump to solution

The update that addresses this issue is rolling out today. It will be downloaded as an automatic update over the coming days and weeks.  If you'd like a fix immediately, you can reinstall from McAfee My Account.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 48 of 76

Jump to solution

btrombley wrote:

The update that addresses this issue is rolling out today. It will be downloaded as an automatic update over the coming days and weeks.  If you'd like a fix immediately, you can reinstall from McAfee My Account.

The headline issue?   It's just that your post appeared out of sync with the earlier responses below for some reason.   Thanks.

btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 49 of 76

Jump to solution

Yes, the headline issue has been addressed.  Long version: an update is being rolled out that resolves the issue when accessing AntiSpam settings with Internet Explorer 9 installed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 76

Jump to solution

OK thanks.  I've reported the board glitch that shows your responses before earlier ones below.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community