Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafshm
Contributor III
Message 21 of 76

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter has been stopped working while opeing anti-spam

Jump to solution

Now I too have these problems. I did not hear about the decision on these problems...

user_6
Former Member
Message 22 of 76

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was expecting, like written upper by Brian Trombley, for an automatic update to fix the anti-spam problem with IE9.

And since march 16th I am still waiting... Of course I have unistalled IE9 to go back to IE8.

Can we expect something soon?

Regards,

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 04/04/11 05:11:10 CDT
rafshm
Contributor III
Message 23 of 76

Jump to solution

I also have this problem and I have no the decision...

user_2000
Former Member
Message 24 of 76

Jump to solution

Hi, i have the same problem. The conversation with the support-team was sobering. The only comment was to reinstall my Total Protection. No comment to uninstall IE9. A better user information would be advisable. I' m just waiting for a solution (hopefully not in vain...) Regards

btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 76

Jump to solution

The fix is coming in a minor update.  To set expectations, it could be several more weeks.  My apologies for the delay.

user_6
Former Member
Message 26 of 76

Jump to solution

Hello,

if I understand well (with my poor english), we'll have to wait some more weeks before beeing able tu use IE9?

Is that true?

This morning I tried to re-install IE9 and the issue is allways the same and not fixed yet.

Will the comming update change the number of anti-spam version (now 11.5.141)?

Regards,

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 13/04/11 06:15:32 CDT
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 27 of 76

Jump to solution

Yes, Jerome. Please wait for some more weeks andyou will get an automatic update to fix the issue with Anti-Spam, also McAfee 2011 product is launching all over the world. This issue is not with 2011 product. I will let you know through this thread once the fix for this issue is out through automatic update.

user_6
Former Member
Message 28 of 76

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am a little tired, as a paying customer, to have to wait such a long time to have the right to use IE9!

I have the feeling that nobody takes this problem seriously.

I have been very patient but I am now tired about this issue. It's starting to be boring.

No patch, no update, not a word about it. Just a silence.

It is time to do something! Can I expect to a solution soon, and to have 2011 version before 2012?

This post is for McAfee developpers and certainly not for Jayadeep, Peter etc...

Regards,

user_6
Former Member
Message 29 of 76

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have just tried something: uninstall McAfee with MCPR (no problem)/ then re-install from my account (no problem): I got the same version I had before with exactly the same versions numbers you can read in my signature!

And of course I tried one more time to install IE9: same issue in anti-spams settings.

So we can think:

1.the McAfee version avaible here, in France, and proposed to me is still the same: 2010 version. Maybe the situation and available versions are not the same all over the world.

2.Nothing is fixed about our problem.

3.We have to wait for or an update fixing it or 2011 version (fixing it? Sure?) And what about Brian trombley?

Regards,

Ce message a été modifié par: jerome.lichne on 25/04/11 06:44:33 CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 76

Jump to solution

A bug is filed and they are working on it, no completion date known.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community