cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IH8Spam
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Affiliate Spam ongoing

I have found repeated examples of spammers sending emails with the end result being a link to the genuine McAfee site with the following parameters included:

• tm_local_lp_ab_test_variant
  • adobe_mc_sdid
  • MCORGID
  • TS
  • adobe_mc_ref

The actual terminating mcafee link is: https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/landing-page/direct/fdr/ctl/index.html 

The emails spoof Apple, T-Mobile and other major corporate brands.

I have reported these emails and the referring parameters (which include the referring domain) to McAfee by email and in a post here earlier today. My emails have not been responded to and my previous post here was deleted without explanation after only a few views. My post querying that was then marked as spam.

I have full headers, details of how this fraudulent activity is being carried out and the gmail address used to register the key domain behind these referrals.

I would think that McAfee would want to prevent this type of activity? Or should I just pass it straight to the relevant authorities?

1 Reply
krishna55
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Affiliate Spam ongoing

Hi @IH8Spam,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly find the response to the post by clicking on the link below

https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/Forum-Help/All-my-posts-have-either-been-deleted-or-are-marked-as-spam/...

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community