cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 31 of 45

Re: Latest McAfee Security update deletes McAfee Toolbar in Outlook Express

Made your comments an item for our Monday mod call where we talk about issues .

mcafee74
Former Member
Message 32 of 45

Shawn - I have that setting on all the time - "When starting, go directly to my inbox folder" - it makes no difference for me!!

My spam toolbar was working perfectly with OE6 right up until the last update from McAfee. The actual removal of spam is still working fine, as in it moves things into its McAfee spam folder however I no longer have the ability to mark things as Spam or not. I can open the mail in the spam folder but in th event that it is actually not spam I cannot move it back it into my inbox - it simply refreshes itself and marks the message as unread.

No other prgram updates or new software updates have been done on my system.

I got a bit confused when reading all the discussions on this topic in terms of patch being developed - was that for this problem or the known issue with Thunderbird - or both?!?!

Thanks for any light you can shed....

Karen

buford
Former Member
Message 33 of 45

Mcafee toolbar missing in outlook express 6..So i contacted support and they took control of my PC..I watched the mouse go into security center and do the same thing i did.check the correct boxes turnoff and turnon spam...and after 45 min of tech support i ended up with no toobar and was passed on to a second tier of support in the next 24 to 48 hrs..i will keep ya posted on what happens..

mlog
Contributor
Message 34 of 45

My McAfee toolbar is missing in Vista's Windows Mail.  It happened after a McAfee update a few weeks ago.  It sounds a lot like the problem others have seen with Outlook Express.  The odd thing is that I have two computers running almost the identical softwares, and only one of them is exhibiting this problem.

cfxcorp
Former Member
Message 35 of 45

I had the same problem.  I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials' Mail and Messenger and the toolbar did not reappear, but after a reboot, the AntiSpam toolbar came back and it works.  I am going to reinstall them one at a time to figure out which one is the problem.  My guess is that it is the Windows Mail app.

Update 1: Reinstalled Messenger from the Live Essentials webpage, rebooted, and the McAfee Toolbar still appears in Outlook Express.  Next, Live Mail will be installed.

Update 2: Reinstalled Mail from the Live Essentials webpage, rebooted, and the McAfee Toolbar IS GONE in Outlook Express.

Message was edited by: cfxcorp on 1/17/11 9:08:42 PM CST

Message was edited by: cfxcorp on 1/17/11 9:44:17 PM CST
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 36 of 45

We've investigated and found the cause.

As a result, a new FAQ is available with instructions for downloading a patch.

Please review this FAQ at http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101102, download and run the patch and let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Steerpike_ca on 20/01/11 11:27:32 EST AM
mlog
Contributor
Message 37 of 45

Does this solution work for Windows Mail that comes with Vista?  I notice that the patch has Outlook Express in its name.

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 38 of 45

Yes, it works for Windows Mail on Vista too.

Message was edited by: okv on 20/01/11 2:28:46 CST PM
DPNY
Former Member
Message 39 of 45

Dear Steerpike_ca,

I posted some messages regarding this problem back in the middle of December.  I followed your patch instructions... and now the toolbar appears again on my Outlook Express mail page.

Thanks to you and all who investigated, discovered, and developed a quick fix.

And thanks to all the community members that kept "poking and prodding"!

Regards,

mcafee74
Former Member
Message 40 of 45

Sincere thanks for getting a solution out in a timely manner - patch has fixed everything and we are back to normal inOutlook Express 6!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community