cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecommonthread
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

How to disable McAfee Add-in for Outlook 2010

Whenever I'm running Outlook, it takes up almost all of my CPU, so I'd like to disable to McAfee add-in.  The problem is that all of the documents I found on the McAfee web site has outdated information and the instructions didn't work.  Can someone please tell me how to disable it?  I'm running SecurityCenter 10, Windows 7, and Outlook 2010 getting email from an Exchange server.

Thank you!

thecommonthread

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to disable McAfee Add-in for Outlook 2010

Assuming you mean the Anti-Spam Toolbar I moved it there.   The instructions are all listed in the Help section.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Help at top right, then Help again.

Look for McAfee Anti-Spam and you'll see there instructions on disabling it and turning off the Outlook toolbar.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

We understand your concern, but for your information if you disable McAfee add-in then McAfee will not filter the spam emails that comes in to your inbox.

thecommonthread
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Thanks all of you for the posts, but I was really looking only to disable the McAfee Outlook add-in that scans emails on the Exchange server.  I was having serious problems with it before, but now I figured out how to disable it in Outlook after a removing the trial version I was running before and a clean new install of Office.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the information, Glad to know you got them fixed....

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community