Message 1 of 2

Fake email

I received the below on Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 19:05:58 -0500

Order Confirmation

DUE 07/28/2022
$399.99
Print or save
Powered by QuickBooks

Much thanks to You for picking McAfee again with your membership recharging plan for a very long time.

We are happy to illuminate you that your permit key has been effectively recharged with the redesigned plan which you mentioned for and if you have any desire to question the charge, if it's not too much trouble, call us @ +1 (814) 406-4352.

You are mean a lot to us:

Kindly note that you have 24 hours to report to debate this charge.

In the event of any debate or to drop your membership recharging plan,

You can contact us at our Helpline +1 (814) 406-4352 to get full refund.

I do not have an active McAfee to renew. I did not order this and will be watching my accounts closely. Also verify if the number shown in the email is a McAfee number.

1 Reply
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fake email

Hi @LR1 

Greetings from McAfee!

Cybercriminals target individuals through fake emails that look as if they've been sent from an established and legitimate company. Their goal is to get you to reveal your private and sensitive information such as your credit card details, date of birth, social security number, and more. Kindly refer the below article for detailed information.

You get fake emails from scammers posing as McAfee

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community