cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomloans
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Chrome

Hello, Just a few months back, Chrome became super slow.  If I turn off McAfee, it is lightening fast.  Something is clashing.  This is bothersome.  Can someone help. Thank you, Tom

3 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 4

Re: Chrome

Hi

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly perform the below steps and check how it goes. 

1. Kindly ensure windows updates are upto date
    2. Update McAfee to the latest version
    3. Uninstall any 3rd party antivirus if installed.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance or call (866 622 3911) US.

McAfee customer support

Regards
Edward Franso 

tomloans
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Everything is up-to-date I am using windows 10. I have never had any other virus checker on this system.  Any other suggestions?  Please dig deep as this is quite frustrating.

EdCo
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

I think it depend on your system and Windows build.

I use a Alienware Aurora R 13 with top of the build inside and Windows 11, so i don't know about your specks. It has nothing to do with chrome because chrome is working at all platforms.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community