cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybertam76
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Can't turn on Anti-spam filter

I have tried several times to turn on the Anti spam filter but it always goes back to off. I have run the virtual technician my session id is 24769567.

Can someone please help?

11 Replies
roy1116
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can't turn on Anti-spam filter

I have the same or similar problem, trying to use personal filters. Cahtted with McAfee and they seemed to have found a fix involving uninstalling and re-installing McAfee. However it soon reverted to failing to filter the personla filter list. It may have reverted after a reboot.

Good luck. Maybe someone will be able to help.

Roy

ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

If you wouldn't mind, please download our data collection tool from http://mer.mcafee.com

When you run the tool, select "Consumer - Falcon" from the list of products.  Click "Start".  It will run for a while (like 5-10 minutes) and eventually ask you to save a .tgz file.  Save that file somewhere (maybe your desktop) and then when asked if you want to upload say no.

Then send me an email or PM and attach it.  It will contain information that will help me diagnose the problem.

lapwing
Former Member
Message 4 of 12

I have the same issue too.  No matter how many times I reinstalll, or reboot, or turn on the Anti-Spam filter and apply the settings, it won't turn on.  With the result that every time I get an email message I have to click a pop-up telling me the email wasn't scanned by McAfeee.

It's been quite a while since the original post - is there any news on this issue?

nancyhol
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

I too am having the problem of not being able to turn on the spam filter.  Along with the popup box - there is another thread discussing that problem.

Any help with this would certainly be appreciated.

Message was edited by: nancyhol on 4/24/10 5:51:31 PM CDT
roy1116
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Will try the collection program as mentioned above by the McAfee guy. He says to email the results to him, but doesn't leave and email address. Will have to look around for it.

Has anyone else tried sending him the info? Results?

roy1116
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

What is your email address to which one sends the generated file?

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 12

He will PM you soon we cannot post it here. BTW what email program are you running I see 1 from the other thread is using Thunderbird.

roy1116
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Thank you. I sent Shawn Wallace the info via email response to his earlier email, which I re-located  yesterday. I am using MS Outlook 2007, WIN   7 Home Premium, and IE8, in a DELLstudio XPS, 64 bit.

Can you please psot the URL of the "other thread"?

Thanks,

Roy

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 12

Thread is a Thunderbird issue and 2010 Anti Spam

http://community.mcafee.com/message/127144#127144

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community