cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBally
Former Member
Message 11 of 12

Re: Can't connect to POP server Since Today's Upgrade

thanks that sucks! I had a previous version of McAfee and it worked fine. I think I'll just return it and get a different antivirus. Thanks for the quick response!

Gigsley
Former Member
Message 12 of 12

Re: Can't connect to POP server Since Today's Upgrade

You may wish to think hard about that. When you uninstall the program there are still parts of it hanging around in your registry which might cause future unknown problems. There was a bug a few years back (not this version) that got me when I tried to do what you are contemplating. I could not install Norton over McAfee and subsequently lost the ability to boot my computer.McAfee blamed Norton, Norton blamed McAfee, my wife blamed me...many hours later after a full system reinstall along with all the programs, I had a happly running Norton machine, that my wife no longer let me run.

Level 1 Tech support will try to tell you it is a problem with your POP server. You need to uninstall, then see if you can get your mail. If you can, it is not your POP server it is McAfee. Be insistent that everything is fine with McAfee not installed (only if that is true).

Gigsley

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 3/31/10 2:15:31 PM CDT

Message was edited by: Gigsley on 3/31/10 2:17:43 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community