cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Softwarproblems
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

Are these ads originating from Mcafee or, is it malware in Macafee?

These messages keep popping up in the lower right corner at the worst times. I switched off notifications but they still pop up. So I don't know if it is Macafee or whether clicking on them will be dangerous.

Is this malware in the Mcafee or normal? Will 

Please see below:

Screenshot 2024-03-07 052430.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-09 080954.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-09 130006.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-13 082952.jpg

Tags (2)
5 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 6

Re: Are these ads originating from Mcafee or, is it malware in Macafee?

Hi @Softwarproblems,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly follow the instructions in the knowledge article by clicking on the link below.

Your browser displays fake McAfee notifications

For additional help click on the link below to contact support

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

magic79
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

I have had the same thing since my subscription renewed! 

I chatted with Support and the tech was vehement it was scam. He took over my computer and turned off some notifications. As soon as the chat was over, BOOM another McAfee ad!!!

I contacted support again and this time the tech VERIFIED the popups were originating from McAfee. The tech said it was escaleted and they would "try to remove the pop ups in the next update". Hmmm

The strangest one is from McAfee Safe Connect that say I've connected to a Wi-Fi network it doesn't recognize.

My computer is in airplane mode and the Wi-Fi is turned off. Grrrrrrr

I think it's time to go back to Norton. I will no pay to have advertising pummel me every time I use my PC. NO I don't want your Identity Theft. NO I don't want your registry software.

And NO NO NO I don't want your ads.

magic79
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Your tech in support VERIFIED that the pictures in the OP are from McAfee. Why refer her to an article when you must know these annoying ads are coming from McAfee, not a scam.

Softwarproblems
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Dear Tech Support,

Then my next question would be how to turn off these popups. Please advise. And no, I do not want to give you access to my computer. If there is no easy fix to this, then Mcafee is being irresponsible.

These popups inevitably occur while I do presentations. They pop up and cover a slide that I have up and in front of two dozen officials. So I have to interrupt the flow of what is a technical talk and fumble around to dislodge the **bleep** thing. 

And it happens again an hour later. I just tell them it is the Mcafee  program and try to joke about it. That is what happened two weeks ago. 

You need to take out what most of your McAfee users really find no use for. I searched this forum in various languages and found this to be a unanimous and major annoyance. And you ignore it. 

Your solution above - a sheet including instructions on how to remove Mcafee from my computer will be useful. 

DB74
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

I've raised the same issue with McAfee quite a few times now, as it also impacts my work.  They have admitted that the pop ups are from McAfee and allegedly it will be resolved, but that was some months ago and I've heard nothing since, despite chasing!  The best solution is to change AV provider.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community