Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uwe-dembski
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Antispam and Incredimail 2

Jump to solution

Many month ago (24.06.2009) Incredimail released a new version of the email-porgram Incredimail, called "Incredimail 2". The old version Incredimail XE is not supported any longer.

Although the option to import the incredimail adress-book  is given in Antispam it is not possible to import the adress book becaue the new version of Incredimail includes a new adress book.

When will McAfee fix this?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/07/11 9:07:02 EDT AM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

Re: Antispam and Incredimail

Jump to solution

We have a fix for that in our development version; this will be released to Beta program soon.

Meanwhile you can send me a private message, I can help you to do the importing.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

What address book are you trying to import, from where and on what operating system?

I don't normally use Anti-Spam but enabled it on my Windows 7 test rig which also carries Incredimail 2 and I had no problems importing Windows Mail address book for instance.

I don't see an option in Anti-Spam itself to import any address book.

Edit:  I realise now you mean the 'Friends' list - are you saying Anti-Spam wont import the list or Incredimail 2 wont?

I have a feeling that Anti-Spam isn't compatible with Incredimail 2 but will have to do some more digging around to investigate that further.

I'll let you know.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/11 8:55:12 EDT AM
uwe-dembski
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

The operating system ist windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

In McAfee Total Protection, Anti Spam there is the option to import the "Friends list  from "Eudora, Thunderbird, Windows, earlier AntiSpam-Versions, etc and from Incredimail. Which means to import the address books from other e-Mail-clients.

If you use Incredimail XE and import the friends-list, everything is working fine. But when you try to do so with Incredimail 2, nothing happens, the list remains empty.

The new address book in Incredimail 2 is stored in the file "AddrBook.db3" in the folder Adressbook.

Users who have updated from Inredimail XE to Incredimail 2 seem to have no problems importing the friends- list. But this is not o.k. because updating to Incredimail 2 the old files in the address-book-folders from Incredimail XE are not deleted. So these users are

always importing the old friends-list with old addresses. Users who have never used Incredimail XE and made a clean installation of Incredimail 2 can´t import the friends-list because McAfee is not finding it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying that.  I've posted a question for the Techs in our private section of this board.  Hopefully someone will catch it soon.  Meanwhile you might want to try Technical Support online chat available through Useful Links at the top of this page to save time.

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

We have a fix for that in our development version; this will be released to Beta program soon.

Meanwhile you can send me a private message, I can help you to do the importing.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Re: Antispam and Incredimail 2

Jump to solution

Thanks okv, Uwe - just click on okv's name at the left of the post to open the profile then look for 'Send Private Message' over at the right hand side.

Any timeline for the fix appearing in the regular retail product?

Edit: Fix will hopefully be issued in Quarter 3.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/07/11 10:29:43 EDT AM
uwe-dembski
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. I will wait for the fix. Don´t need a workaround.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Ok, good luck 😉  At least anyone else with the issue can refer to this thread.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/07/11 5:16:18 EDT PM
mheraud
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have choosen McAfee because on the website, it is written that antispam is compatible with incredimail. I do not understand the way it works. Can you help me?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Michel

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community