cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thirteenburn
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Anti-Spam folder in Outlook 2007/Missing Tool Bar...

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, even though I've been using McAfee Security Suite for quite some time. I've been extremely happy with it's performance, but have since found a problem that I can't find the answer to, and forgive me if I missed it, but I also couldn't find a relevant thread for my problems, at least one that came close to answering my questions.

First off, why is it that the McAfee Anti-Spam Folder is no longer picking up spam? I've double and triple-checked all pertinent settings in both Outlook and McAfee and I've found nothing to suggest that it's been disabled or why it stopped working but in searching the forums and discussion for this issue, I did see that I also no longer have the McAfee toolbar in Outlook 2007 as well. I'm running Vista Home Premium and MS Outlook 2007 is my primary e-mail client.

Can anyone here either direct me to a RELEVANT thread or maybe a web page that will explain how to troubleshoot and/or fix my issues? Any help offered is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

Michael

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Anti-Spam folder in Outlook 2007/Missing Tool Bar...

Hi Micheal,
This issue can occur when the email client is installed after Anti-Spam is installed Or If any new update rules have been applied for your email client . My I know the following details to help you better;

What is the version of your Antispam ? Open security center and let me know whether it displays “Am I protected YES” or “Your computer is secure”

And please try the below to restore the Antispam tool bar :

1.Close Outlook.
2.Click Start, Run, type CMD, and click OK.

NOTE: For Windows Vista users, you must open a command prompt with administrator privileges. Click Start, Find, type CMD, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

3.Type CD C:\ProgramFiles\McAfee\MSK and press ENTER.
4.Type REGSVR32 MSKOLPLG.DLL and press ENTER.
5.Open Outlook. And the antispam tool abr should now be visible.

Kindly revert back if you still face any issues

Moving thread to Antispam 11 - 2010

Regards,
Dinesh K

thirteenburn
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hello Dinesh,

I'm running McAfee Security Suite 9, fully updated and I'm yes, I'm 'Fully Protected'.

I tried the fix you suggested but each time I typed, exactly, what you suggested, I got the following "The system cannot find the path specified". I also checked to see if the required files were where they are supposed to be and they are, so it's not a case of those files or that pathway leading nowhere, so maybe there was something missing in how I typed in your instructions. I do not know if it matters or not, but I have the above folders in both normal and (x86), with far more files under the (x86) pathway, so is it possible that I need to type in the CMD prompt to the (x86) set of ProgramFiles?

Again, all your current and future help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Michael

"thirteenburn"

Dell XPS 420 Core2Quad Q9400 2.66GHz

4GB RAM

800GB HD w/500GB External

Vista Home Premium

McAfee Security Suite 9 (Fully Updated)

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi Michael,

Since you mentioned McAfee security suite, Can you please open security center, click about and check whether you have Antispam installed ?

And let me know are you using the McAfee security suite from your service provider  ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

thirteenburn
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hello Dinesh,

No, I don't see anything regarding 'Anti-Spam'. However, I do have 'Email Protection' enabled, but I don't know if that's the same thing or not. My service provider is Comcast, which is who supplies the Security Suite for 'Triple Play' customers such as myself. Again, at one time I had the 'anti-spam' filter enabled because the McAfee 'Anti-Spam' folder usually had anywhere from two to seven different emails in it every day, but then suddenly, nothing and it's been that way since.

Hope this helps you determine my next course of action as I would like to get this issue taken care of. It would make my email live much simpler.

Thanks for all your help and I look forward to your next reply.

Cheers!

Michael

"thirteenburn"

okv
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

I talked to Michael, and it turned out his provider does not provide McAfee anymore, so this problem has natural root.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community