cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaviancosmin
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

update to McAfee internet security

Hello. I downloaded McAfee internet security 2010 from facebook subscription on January 2010 but it seems to be internet security 2009!! If I understand corectly, at the end of January is available for Europe,  2010 version for this product. The question is if upgrade to 2010 version will be automatically next days (or weeks??) or I need to remove from my computer the 2009 version of this software. Recently I noticed that Site advisor of McAfee that I have instaled on my compute was upgraded ( I refer at interface), and in Security Center apears ”last update 20.01.2010) The rest of component are update al 13.01.2010.  Thanks

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: update to McAfee internet security

It will come in as a major update involving a reboot sometime soon.   Theoretically it should uninstall all the old stuff automatically in the process of upgrading.

MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

My Virus Definitions And Dat have not updated Today

I USUALLY GET A VIRUS DEFINITION UPDATE AND NEW DAT VERSION DAILY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS ( EXCEPT FOR THE MCAFEE SERVER PROBLEM 2 WEEKS AGO ) TODAY I CHECKED AND IT SAID MY PROGRAMS ARE UP TO DATE,BUT I'M SHOWING YESTERDAYS UPDATE ONLY AT PRESENT TIME- 2/2/2010 5880.000 -DAT VERSION DAT CREATION DATE 2/2/2010, ENGINE VERSION 5301.4018. I'M JUST WONDERING IF MCAFEE IS SKIPPING A UPDATE OR IF THE MCINSUPD HAS GOTTEN CORRUPTED OR SOMETHING. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD CERTAINLY BE APPRECIATED.

captain Ralph

jvignole
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Re: My Virus Definitions And Dat have not updated Today

The DATs are available as of 2245 GMT and you should update if you try again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Re: My Virus Definitions And Dat have not updated Today

Mine only just updated in the last minute or so.  Updates take a while to reach all areas of the world.  Now 5881.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/02/10 6:16:42 EST PM
MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Re: My Virus Definitions And Dat Just Updated At 6:00 pm Est

sometimes the virus definition updates in early afternoon and at other times later in the evening and sometimes real late at night when mcafee has a big virus/ trojan and other pests outbreak when they hold off on releasing until last minute. i did receive the new update at 6:00 pm Est portland,maine Est. thank you for your help.

p.s. i'm not familiar with the Gmt time as one member wrote to me telling me the dats were available today at 2245 Gmt. i'm on Est time . perhaps i should study marine -us coast guard gmt time since thats more or less one of my big hobbies lol

p.p.s.-please say a prayer for me as i accidently got myself into some rather serious legal trouble up here in portland,maine usa . i'm trying to dig myself out of another legal jackpot. i hate when these happen; especially by accident and not on purpose.

Captrain Ralph on cascobay

portland,maine usa

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Re: My Virus Definitions And Dat Just Updated At 6:00 pm Est

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time - the meridian from which all timezones are calculated.

See this link for a bit of information.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/metdata/docs/gmt.html

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community