Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keya
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

security certificate errors on e-mail only

Jump to solution

I'm able to log onto the web, but when I go to hotmail, yahoo mail or facebook, my computer flashes a pink error message stating the security certificate on this site is invalid or expired. I ran CA Antispy and it found a trojan, which I had it remove. I then ran my antivirus and it found nothing. I re-started the computer, and it's still doing the same thing. Help? I can access the e-mail, but I have to bypass the security warning and I don't feel safe doing so.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Re: security certificate errors on e-mail only

Jump to solution

Hi keya,

Once you get back to the home computer, check the system clock as  I believe it should be the problem causing the invalid certificate messages.

You could purchase McAfee from this computer, and once you get back to the other computer, login to http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and login with the credentials (email id and passsword) you used at the time of purchase and download the program in the home pc.
Make sure to uninstall any other antivirus softwares before downloading McAfee to avoid confilcts during installation.

Thanks,
Dinesh K

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi keya

Please check whether the system clock displays the correct date and year as per your time zone, if not correct it and then try opening the webpages.

Regards,
Dinesh K

keya
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Aha, I'm at work but heading home to check the date and year, I did notice the clock was incorrect and I changed that, but didn't look at the dates. Egads! what a mess!

I finally id'd the trojans my anti-spy found, they were JTdownloader and a form of BHB that I can't find on any lists.

I'll sure try it, thank you so much!!

keya
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

I have AVG and I'm not happy with it, going to download Mcafee, but when I go to purchase it, the same security certificate comes up and I'm afraid to use my credit card info on my computer while it is doing that. If I buy the service on my work computer, can I direct it to my home computer or will it read my IP address at work and attach to my work computer? (I know, I'm totally ignorant of this stuff 🙂

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi keya,

Once you get back to the home computer, check the system clock as  I believe it should be the problem causing the invalid certificate messages.

You could purchase McAfee from this computer, and once you get back to the other computer, login to http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and login with the credentials (email id and passsword) you used at the time of purchase and download the program in the home pc.
Make sure to uninstall any other antivirus softwares before downloading McAfee to avoid confilcts during installation.

Thanks,
Dinesh K

keya
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Oh my gosh! That was it!!

I've been stuggling with this issue for 2 days now, scared to death it would be impossible to fix. Wow! Thank you so much!!

I'll go in and purchase my antivirus now. Again, thank you!

-Keya

Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Keya,

For every problem there is a solution, a we are here to provide you that , , ,

Do report back if you have any issues on a new thread .  Happy New Year . . .

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator.

keya
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Happy New Year to y'all as well!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community