cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanb
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

retail antivirus card wont install

i purchased a mcafee antivirus 2010 retail card i have 56k dial up with vista itsays it takes 9hrs to download but just starts over never downloads all firewalls are off cant figure it out any suggestions cant get any technical support

5 Replies
bryanb
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: retail antivirus card wont install

this antivirus will be going in the trash putting in a norton

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hi bryanb,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please follow the below steps before download;

Check and delete any remnants of any other security software you were using previously.

Close all other internet applications

please run the the Mcpreinstall tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe and then start installing the programs.

Do report back if you come across any issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

jaspreet_dhaliw
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hello Dinesh,

Thanks for the valuable NOTES.

I am working with DELL and had a customer with me she was not able to use the REG Code on the card and later on there was no option available but when I used this tool it really helped.

Thanks one more time for individually and to Mcafee as well for being a unseprable part of DELL.

Jaspreet Dhaliwal

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜ YOURS ISHERE

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thank you

flogger
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

FYI. Only one security software needs to be installed on a single PC. You need to uninstall norton. Usually PCs and laptops are preloaded with those trial versions.

Message was edited by: flogger on 2/1/12 10:00:41 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community