cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s4mb4g1rl
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

refund

the scan takes several days and still doesn't complete itself.   how do i get a refund?   

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: refund

Without any information whatsoever I can only generalize a response.   Scan taking overlong times to complete can be due to lots of things, CPU being used by other applications causing McAfee to 'throttle back', disk read errors (hard drive needs to be checked using the chkdsk transaction), heavily zipped and re-zipped files, a compressed drive, corrupted files (often the result of using registry cleaners or an infection).

I might be able to assist more if I knew what operating system and service pack you are using and what version of McAfee protection.

if you purchased your product from McAfee you can obtain a refund by calling them toll-free as long as it was within the previous 30 days or, if your subscription has been automatically renewed, McAfee will gladly provide you a full refund if your request is made within 60 days of being charged.:

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Average contact length: 10  minutes
Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/07/11 3:07:47 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community