cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deoxys987
Former Member
Message 1 of 17

"We couldnt install any of the security features included in your software" (McAfee Livesafe) - Windows 10 Professional insider build 14915

Jump to solution

I work in retail, doing tech services/support, and i have a subscription for McAfee Livesafe for the next four years. I'm part of the windows 10 insider build programs, where i beta test new versions of windows 10. I'm unable to install McAfee Livesafe on my PC. It stopped working 3 or 4 build ago, so i uninstalled it, and was unable to reinstall it. It gave me the "We couldnt install any of the security features included in your software" error message, and i've tried just about everything, MCPR, MVT, etc. and it refuses to install. Any ideas on how to get this up and running? I've tried just about everything that i know what to do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 17

Re: "We couldnt install any of the security features included in your software" (McAfee Livesafe) - Windows 10 Professional insider build 14915

Jump to solution

The software isn't compatible with any Insider builds (aka Beta builds).  The fact that it used to work is coincidental.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: "We couldnt install any of the security features included in your software" (McAfee Livesafe) - Windows 10 Professional insider build 14915

Jump to solution

Please review http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

Is there anything within that may have been overlooked?

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 17

Jump to solution

The software isn't compatible with any Insider builds (aka Beta builds).  The fact that it used to work is coincidental.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Moved this to Consumer General as a better spot for it.

deoxys987
Former Member
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

It's not that it worked once, its worked fine for the past 6 months at least. It was only until the newer builds that came out that it had issues.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

It's been a long standing policy for McAfee/Intel not to support software on "Beta" OS builds.  Insider builds are beta builds, so not supported.  If they worked for a while, good, but now you'll have to uninstall & find something else,  or use the built in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Register for the McAfee Beta program at https://beta.mcafee.com and have it installed on your Preview build. Note that this is purely voluntary and that Support is not available for McAfee Consumer beta.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Good suggestion Selvan.  I personally forgot to recommend myself...

Keep in mind that the (AV Cloud) uses the Windows Firewall, opposed to the McAfee (Personal Firewall Plus).

McAfee® Beta Program | Legal Agreement | Home & Home Office Beta | McAfee

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

3 of us forgot that too.   AV Cloud is now nothing to do with Beta.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

Once again...Correct

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community