cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mac222user
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

"Unknown error received from scanners", "Update failed" messages, "Real-time" scan not working...

I had been getting "Unknown error received from scanners" messages;  I reinstalled McAfee at least twice, and it seems to have stopped.  What caused it to begin with, though?

I am still getting "Error while installing updates" messages, and the "Real time" scanning icon still has the red "X", and the exclamation point on the shield emblem with the "M" on it. 

These things tend to start up anew every few weeks, with me having to reinstall every few weeks.  How do I stop the program from behaving this way?  Is my system compromised?

16 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 17

Re: "Unknown error received from scanners", "Update failed" messages, "Real-time" scan not working...

Are you running Windows or Mac? Also did you run the MCPR tool after removing your installation from your Control Panel. You can also contact Technical Support McAfee Consumer Support Portal

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 17

Re: "Unknown error received from scanners", "Update failed" messages, "Real-time" scan not working...

With that name I assume MAC though best to wait for a reply.

mac222user
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Thanks for asking;  I am using a 2012 imac mini, High Sierra 10.13.2.,   McAfee Internet Security 3.9.0.0.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 17

Discussion successfully moved from Consumer to General Discussion

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 17

I will contact a Someone on your behalf.

​  Could you please assist this customer?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
mac222user
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Thanks!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 17

You're welcome   Hopefully he will respond in short order.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 17

Hi ,

The issue has been fixed in the latest version of McAfee Security (4.1.2) which has the bug fix for all above,

Try reinstalling the suite and post back the outcome.

mac222user
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Thank you very much!  I will try it today.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community