cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthiks
Former Member
Message 31 of 38

Re: "The specified resource language ID cannot be found in the image McShield.dll"

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Those who are facing this issue please see the below steps and try to check it is fixing the Issue,

For Internet Explorer Errors:

1. Open McAfee Security
  2. Click on Real Time Scanning and click on Real Time scanning Settings
  3. Open the Settings drawer
  4. Check the option Scripts in IE and Firefox
  5. Close the McAfee Console
  6. Open Internet Explorer (Check for any errors, if you see any continue following the steps below)
  7. Click on Tools at the Top of the
  8. Go to Manage Add-Ons
  9. Search for Script Proxy and check it is enabled or disabled
  10. If it is Enabled, check for the option Disable in the Manage Add ons screen and Disable it
  11. Close the Manage Addons screen
  12. Restart the Internet Explorer and check with the issue

For Mozilla Firefox Users

1. Open McAfee Security
  2. Click on Real Time Scanning and click on Real Time scanning Settings
  3. Open the Settings drawer
  4. Check the option Scripts in IE and Firefox
  5. Close the McAfee Console
  6. Open Firefox
  7. Click on Tools at the top of the Firefox Page
  8. Open  Addons
  9. Select the Extensions TAB from the left side of the screen
  10. Search for Script Proxy and check it is enabled or disabled
  11. If it is Enabled, check for the option Disable in the Manage Add ons screen and Disable it
  12. Restart the Firefox and check with the issue
supernut
Former Member
Message 32 of 38

Re: "The specified resource language ID cannot be found in the image McShield.dll"

Jump to solution

Hi, I did all that you suggested for 'Internet Explorer Users', and still that pesky message shows up when I log on to Explorer. The scripts in IE is checked and the Script Proxy is disabled. I don't know what else to do.  This is very annoying.

justbs
Contributor
Message 33 of 38

Jump to solution

Recommend you try disabling all the McAfee add-on in IE... if this stops the error message problem,  turn them back on one at a time... making the ScriptProxy the last to turn on... the goal is to narrow down where the problem is occuring,

if disabling McAfee add-on for IE does not fix the problem, recommend you tried running the McAfee Vitrual Technician (MVT)... I personally have not had good success with the MVT, but it supposed to fix these type problems.

kribnbrew
Contributor
Message 34 of 38

Jump to solution

Thanks, this resolved the issue for me on my Dell, Windows 7 laptop.

supernut
Former Member
Message 35 of 38

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the only add-on under McAfee in IE is ScriptProxy, which is presently disabled. And, yes, I did run the McAfee Virtual Tech, It corrected some problems I had that I was unaware of, but it could not correct this one. Said to contact McAfee.  Oh dear.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 36 of 38

Jump to solution

Hi Supernut,

What is the internet Explorer version you are using and the Operating system as well

mgcanada
Former Member
Message 37 of 38

Jump to solution

The easiest resolution to the mcshield.dll problem is to switch your browser to 'Chrome'...that's what I did and the problem instantly went away...and guess what?...I am liking Chrome more every time I use it.

tsmf150
Former Member
Message 38 of 38

Jump to solution

To kkathy & karthiks:

Hey thanks for asking the question about the McShield.dll issue and obtaining the answer. 

For Microsoft IE 9 follow post 30.

Excellent!!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community