Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

quick clean off

Hi,

When I opened my Mcafee today my tracker remover was turned off. I couldn't have done this myself so why was it turned off? Is there a chance it could be malware?

Thanks

3 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: quick clean off

Hi @sleighbellsk ,

Thanks for reaching out to us for support and we apologize for the inconvenience.

If a Malware was detected by McAfee, you will be notified. However, if you would like to confirm we recommend that you run a full scan and check if any malware detected.

If the issue reoccurs, please contact our Technical Support for assistance.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running a full scan which is 78% complete with no threats at moment. 

I am still confused as to why my quick clean was turned off. Is it something I should be worried about? Can malware interfere with Mcafee settings?

Thanks

sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Update:

Full scan finished, nothing found.

Forgot to say this turned quick clean issue was with only one of my 2 laptops running same Mcafee Livesafe, it was still turned on on my other laptop.

Any ideas or anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community