proxy in mcafee

how to activate proxy settings in mcafee antivirus software

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: proxy in mcafee

You are posting in a place devoted to problems using these forums.  Are you asking about using the home software with a proxy or using Enterprise/business products using a proxy?

The home products usually don't function behind a proxy if it's authenticated but there could be exceptions and for that you would have to contact Technical Support, it's a free phone call or online chat.

Linked under McAfee Support at the top of this page.

Also see this link.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/01/12 9:49:26 EST AM
katherineyh
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

i did some testing & research. The default urllib2.ProxyHandler of Python cannot handle proxy exceptions and therefore forwards all traffic to the proxy server.  If i set up an empty ProxyHandler it works for a call to urlopen(local_address), but still fails for mcafee.client. So mcafee.client uses the default proxyhandler of urllib2, which cannot handle local destinations. Is there a way to "override" the ProxyHandler in the mcafee-module?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Could you both please clarify what product you are talking about as this is not the correct section to be discussing it, that I can guarantee you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community