cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keithrb
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

network problem

Hi there. i'm not sure if this is the area to post this, but...

since i installed McAfee i cannot connect to any of the other computers in the network i have a  home.  I can access the internet with no problems.

But, when I open the McAfee Security Centre and select Manage Network, I can see the other computer that are connected, but I cannot get into them

I click on the icon, and the Security Centre says that the computer hasn't been invited to join this managed network.

I click on the 'Manage this computer' link and say OK to allow administrative access. It starts to invite the computer and i get a red text saying that it also needs McAfee installed.

What can I do to get around this?? I want to access files on the other computers. Do I delete McAfee?  How do I tell McAfee NOT to manage my network, but only protect THIS computer.

Please help..

1 Reply
SamSwift
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: network problem

moving this to the home user area....

Sam

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community