cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rugal100
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

my mcafee subscription keeps reverting back to my expired trial subscription ... help

hi

i got this problem that i got multiple security centre software purchases .

one was trial which i never extended but rather bought a new one .  now both of them are showing my laptop using them . iam getting option of deactivating my laptop from current subscription which is paid for till the end of 2012.  but in my expired trial it says "expired" instead of deactivate option.

now whenever i download the security centre and install it on laptop it works for a few days then starts giving me error that my trial is over and i must buy the software even though my subscription is valid till december 2012.

can anyone tell me of a solution to remove my laptop from the expired subscription ?

9 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: my mcafee subscription keeps reverting back to my expired trial subscription ... help

Hi rugal100,

On the affected PC please follow the below details and keep us posted on the outcome ;

Note : During the course of running this tool , you would be prompted to enter your McAfee account {email address} , kindly ensure that you enter the email address that has your current subscriptions [the ones until 2012]

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966 

Thanks,

rugal100
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Re: my mcafee subscription keeps reverting back to my expired trial subscription ... help

thank you for your reply Jai but iam having some problem following the method you have suggested

the method says to do following at step 5.

5. Select General Settings and Alerts.

however i cant do it coz when ur subscription is shown as expired like mine is showing the whole menu under navigation is greyed out i.e. u cant click anything. so iam unable to change the settings that are required by this process.

further more i have been unable to rename the files, the process suggests. it says i need admintrator permission to do it, even though i have tried renaming it with both an account with administrative rights and the administrator account itself. it just doesnt let me rename the 2 files.

i have even taken ownership of both files still it doesnt let me rename them.

any help would be appreciated

Message was edited by: rugal100 on 10/03/12 09:29:16 CST
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Okay, then can you restart the computer to safe mode and try the above steps.

Note: You can skip step number 5.

Safe Mopde: Restart your computer, while starting the computer keep tapping the F8 button and you will get a black window command. Then use the arrow key to select the Safe mode and hit the enter key to boot the computer in safe mode.

rugal100
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Hey jai

I have fixed the problem by skipping all the steps and just running the tool and selecting my running subscription. It has fixed the problem for now, i will wait a few days and see if its a permanent fix or will same problem arise again, but my gut feeling tells me its fixed.

Thank you for being so helpful.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved, however running the Subscription Repair Tool without removing those files may bring back the issue in future.

jodumas
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem here, I reinstalled mcafee three times, tried to desactivate and then reactivate it many times on my mcafee account, but nothing works. Jayadeep NR, I tried your link but it says "Article Not Found"... Help please? Thanks so much

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 10

Retry it the link that is.. Really tech support may need to access your account to see what mess it is in. Call them support is free.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

When you uninstall you need to do it this way

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

jodumas
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

thank you!

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Glad that you are OK now . .

Cheers,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community