Re: more questions

Someone will contact you soon just asked in our call in to the techs

kumar_B
Former Member
Message 12 of 22

Hi ,

This is kumar ,

Just try to to find which  dll instance of the taskhost is being detected by mcafee .

just go to the site mvt.mcafee.com (dont use  www or http ) . Just try to install the mcafee virtual technician and run it  . The virtual technician will provide you a session id and will notify you with the errors and the issues that hasbeen solved .

also

1: Go to Start > Run(or press " Windows - r ")> type "services.msc " and  u will find lot of services where u will also have  around 6 or more  mcafee services .

2:Make sure all the mcafee services are enabled (i.e.  " started " and " automatic ")and if any of the mcafee service is not started or if it is manual then  try to double click that particular mcafee service in the service window .

3:then u will hav a  small window for that service  where if its manual you can change it to automatic and underneath that if its stopped or not started try to click the  start  for the service  and

4:once it is done  go to the recovery tab (general , recovery ,  logon , dependencies ). ( u will find the 3 different failures 1st , 2nd and subsequent failures ) They will have the value like "take no action" but u need to change it to restart the service for all the 3 failures .

5:Once they are done try to restart the  computer system (start > turn off computer > restart ) .

6: Also  could u pls tell me are u having any constant popups in the system .

7: what s the operatin systm (xp , vista or windows 7)and internet ( dsl , wireless or cable ) u hav .

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/18/10 3:10:44 AM CDT

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/18/10 3:13:26 AM CDT

Message was edited by: kumar on 5/18/10 3:15:07 AM CDT

Message was edited by: kumar on 5/18/10 3:21:02 AM CDT
Dinz
Former Member
Message 13 of 22

Hi newjack,

I have sent you an email requesting for more information on this . Please reply back to it so that we could could proceed further on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

McAfee Online Community Moderator

newjack
Former Member
Message 14 of 22

I will do that.It is not your fualt but Mcafee has to have the worst customer service i have ever seen.Ever!Not to mention i have been in retail for over 25 years.This ongoing problem has been over 3 weeks now.Tromine said he would have teir 3 call (that was about 2 weeks ago).When i spoke with him again,he said send him an E-mail with info.That was done over a week ago.I would hope i hear from you now that we are going on a month.I am sorry and not trying to take it out on any one person.But this whole Mcafee dissaster is a bad joke.I have problems all the time.You may remember calling me about 2 or 3 months ago?I paid for protection,i recieved a Bad update & have not been protected properly.I totally regret buying the extended offer.And would hope i don`t have a virus by now,due to a Mcafee problem.At the least i would expect Mcafee to clean up this mess.This is a new computer that is not working very new anymore.

Jack

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 22

Mate Dinz will help you if you are not contacted when agreed PM me and I will chase them up.

newjack
Former Member
Message 16 of 22

Hey Peacekeeper,If you can find whoever it is that helps customers and understands them.That would be great. I have left the information with Tromine.Then i left the information with the phone # provided through an E-mail from Dinz.I am not at all surprised but as usual Mcafee has dropped the ball.I have had these problems for over a month as you can see here when it started 4/21?For a company to take peoples money and make huge mistakes is a problem in it self.But then you don`t have the business sense to even give a crap about the custumers that you have.Just take their money! Who cares we are a big company what`s 1 person going to do.Like the old saying "There`s a sucker born every minute" I guess i`m the sucker.The sucker with the 3 year subsciption to Mcafee.Anyone that is reading this do yourself a favor & never commit yourself to a company (especially when getting a so called deal,for added years) to have their product.I have seen & heard alot of things on Mcafee lately.most of them are not very positive.It`s a shame that i have to go through all this junk to get help for a paid product.My new computer is not running very new any more and i am sure if i ever recieve any help from Mcafee it will be my fault.The saddest part is i won`t even use my computer out of fear that it will be infected.Which i am not sure it already is not.I shut it down every day unless of coarse i am here trying to get help.

http://community.mcafee.com/thread/24141?tstart=0  here is the original post i believe.                                                                              Any help would be great

Thanks Jack

newjack
Former Member
Message 17 of 22

Hi, I was able to capture the icon that disappears.Here is 1 instance of this icon.I have also seen this in other programs under permissions.when i open them up it vanishes.I am not sure what this is.I had to pin snipping tool to taskbar in order to capture.The item outlined  vanishes almost instantly when i open permissions.Anyone familiar with this?

Capture 1.PNG

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 22

Will remind them you are waiting I did point it out that TR said a T3 would contact you. Problem was our T3 knew nothing of it will restir.

newjack
Former Member
Message 19 of 22

Thanks Peacekeeper,

I appreciate the help.But this just makes my point more valid.I have been experiencing problems since the update i recieved over 1 month ago.1st of all to be unprotected when logging on is a problem by itself.I also don`t know how long this has been.So before i caught this problem myself,i could have been surfing unprotected.Besides the fact i have had this problem for over a month & have done everything from uninstall,reinstall to MVT and stinger,ect.All of which yeilded no results.There are to many odd things to even remember at this point.So i am not even sure how tech support is going to help at this point.But it would have been great to have some support when the problem 1st occured.That said i appreciate your help.                                                                                                                          Thanks Jack

newjack
Former Member
Message 20 of 22

Still no call from Mcafee.Over a month of problems & i can`t even recieve a phone call from support.What does a long time paying costumer have to do to get help.I am amazed at the "who cares" approach.After buying strictly mcafee over the years,It is a shame what has happened to this company.Unfortunately I am on the recieving end of this mess & would appriciate a call soon.How many calls does it take to get support??starting with 2 employees of Mcafee and my own personal call,You would assume that somebody would fix what was working at 1 time.                                                                 disgusted Mcafee subscriber

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community