cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richy877
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

mcaffee total protection pop up notifications during gaming and movies

Hello.  I've been receiving pop up notifications from mcafee total protection saying my system is protected from viruses.  This happens while gaming and watching movies and ends up shrinking down my screen.  I have checked settings>general settings and alerts>informational alerts but there no option to disable notifications.  I have also checked windows notifications to see if i can disable it from there but mcafee does not show up on the programs list.  I have mcafee internet security, a different program on another system and it has the option to disable notifications which is interesting.  any help to resolve this would greatly be appreciated

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: mcaffee total protection pop up notifications during gaming and movies

Hello @richy877 

Please check the McAfee versions on both machines  and make sure latest version 16.0 R32 installed. Also try reinstalling the McAfee and check issue status. 

You can view the McAfee version by clicking the gear icon on top left and click on about tile to view the version. 

Thanks 

richy877
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: mcaffee total protection pop up notifications during gaming and movies

thanks for the tips.  mcafee was up to date and still didn't have the option to change notifications.  Also tried to reinstall and it was the same.  I did discover on the forums i can turn focus assist mode on and it stops the notifications for the most part.  They still come up only if im actively using the app or open a newly installed app.  Found this information on the forums for mcafee that points to others having the same issue and in a future update they may implement a way to disable notifications.  https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Total-Protection/Pop-Up-Notifications-on-New-Total-Protection-UI/m-p... hopefully down the road we get the options to turn them off.  thanks for the help.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community