cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingoffb
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

internet security was showing msg "turn real time scanning on"

friends ! i had installed mcafee internet security, after installation it was poping msg "turn real time scanning on"while i was making it on again and again...then i restarted my pc i found my antivirus uninstalled(it was an licenced version), pls help what to do ??

Subject shortened Mod

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: internet security was showing msg "turn real time scanning on"

Now That is a new 1 either the install was corrupted or malware is afoot.

I assume you did not uninstall it so first clear Mcafee fully make sure first it is gone from the Programs and features list in Control panel.

Follow

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

Then run several of the free scanner tools here

With getsusp add your emaill info to its preferences so McAfee can update you. This program sends anything new or unknown to McAfee for analysis.

With malwarebytes use the free version not the premium trial and try adwcleaner as well.

Then try a reinstall from your account after you clean up all internet and windows temp files.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: internet security was showing msg "turn real time scanning on"

Moved this to the General Discussion area - Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community