cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sol
Former Member
Message 31 of 35

Re: ineffective McAfee

Instead of posting your obvious hatred... move on to something that makes you feel safer. My guess is McAfee will never satisfy your needs.

Most of us are taking a pro-active attitude to build better security to protect people online. We don't just rely on one product to secure us. We rely on education and various tools to defend against the various nit wits of the world.

It does no good to vent hatred in a communittee built for bettering the protection and security for online activities.

I suggest moving on

isettaworld
Former Member
Message 32 of 35

" Instead of posting your obvious hatred... move on to something that makes you feel safer. My guess is McAfee will never satisfy your needs."

Not hatred, but complete dissatisfaction. I long ago moved on to something that makes me feel safer. You are right - I will never trust McAfee again.

"Most of us are taking a pro-active attitude to build better security to protect people online."

The fact that over a year has passed and you still do not protect against the known "System Tool" virus does not exemplify a "pro-active" attitude.

In the case of the "System Tool" virus, McAfee displays a NO-active attitude.

" We don't just rely on one product to secure us. We rely on education and various tools to defend against the various nit wits of the world."

It is a sign of a weak arguement when insults are employed to strengthen it.

McAfee do not make it clear in their promotional media that the buyer will need to source additional protection elsewhere.-, so bringing it into the discussion this late is admitting that McAfee's promotional media is misleading.

"... in a communittee built for bettering the protection and security for online activities."

Ignoring known virusses is hardly " Bettering the protection and security for online activities."

Advising Forum readers of McAfee's shortcomings and omissions IS enhancing the protection of prospective buyers, and that is the purpose of my postings.

"I suggest moving on"

That suggestion is the last refuge of a weak and defeated arguement.

You clearly don't want to make McAfee admit or take responsibility for omitting to protect against a long-standing known virus.

A Forum should air all views, pro and con.  I am therefore completely justified in registering my dissatisfaction, so prospective buyers may properly evaluate McAfees effectiveness and protection.

Throughout our exchanges you have attempted to "duck" and side-step the issue.

Please do not reply if you are intent of pursuing this policy.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 35

Good luck to you.  I guess you'll be forever 'moving on' as 1 antivirus after another lets you down in one way or another.

newjack
Former Member
Message 34 of 35

I believe You are venting your frustration In the wrong Area.Ex _Brit has been a Volunteer here for Quite some time.I don't believe there is any other answers really left for him to give you.I can understand Your frustration as a have had My fair share.But To be honest Peter has done nothing But state the Truth about Mcafee & its Effectiveness.

What You could do Is 4 things.

1.If you Just purchased you can ask For a Refund

2.If not You can Try something Else & There are Plenty Of Pretty good Free Antivirus out there.You can Try one for a bit & still have the option to Download Mcafee Later.

3.Or you can keep Mcafee & Add a Second free (on demand scanner) Like Malwarebytes.Which in my opinion no one should go witthout.

4.Or you could buy Something Else.

As an example.I had Issues with a Mcafee new Release a while back.While they were Figuring out a Fix.I downloaded Avast Free.When They Finally fixed it I downloaded Mcafee again.Was I happy That I was Paying for a Product that I could not Use.No! But That is part of Life.What Peter Is telling You are Facts not Fiction.You need to Keep a Second on demand scanner for a 2nd Opinion.I recommend The 3rd Option.

Message was edited by: newjack on 2/24/12 1:14:04 PM EST
tyomni
Former Member
Message 35 of 35

You are 99% right... My old nintendo was perfectly safe

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community