cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayjay
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

how will i activate my mcafee software

i have purchased my mcafee at a later part of last month & installed it right away on my computer. plus other 2 computers since i bought the 3 users disc. lately a message from mcafee kept on popping to activate my software. but every time i activate it, i always get the activation unsuccessful answer. til i ran out of days as what mcafee says & that my computer now is at risk. i just do not know what to do & how to activate it the right way. the other computer also is experiencing the same problem as i do. i don't want to think that all of this mcafee thing was just bogus. please help me solve this problem.

9 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: how will i activate my mcafee software

Hello there,

Were you using any McAfee programs previously in this computer ?
Please let us know the following information;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
Do we have any other security software installed ?
Could you please post me with a screen shot of the error that you receive ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfeee Online Community Moderator

jayjay
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

hello mcafee people,

yes, i have been using avg's trial internet security but i removed it as soon as i purchased my mcafee.

the opertaing system of my laptop is windows vista.

as i've mentioned, i was only using the avg trial thing prior to using mcafee.

it says: Your computer is at risk

Activate your computer.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.
Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.
Type the following text, then press ENTER:

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe /regserver

Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register, or Register Now.
Follow the instructions.

If you still encounter any problems in activation , please  connect with our Online Technical support chat technicians through Useful links at the top of this page. 

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

jayjay
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

ey mcafee,

i followed every single step that you've mentioned & yet i still am having the same problem. this is what it appears to be when i started entering the steps('c:\program' is not      recognized  as an internal or external command, operable program or batch this file.)

what shall i do then? it's been a day or two since i kept on prompted by my mcafee product to activate my software the thing is i do not know how it's done when every time i      click & start activating it all i get is activation unsuccessful answer.

i still am searching for your help guys. please.

jayjay
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

ey mcafee,

i really needed your reply on how to fix this problem of off my purchased mcafee.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Sorry for your frustration, could you please click on useful links at the top of this page and get connected with technical support chat and they will help you in getting the programs activated.

Thanks!!

Dinesh K

jayjay
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

mcafee,

i already did what is advised by me by you to try & get connected by the technical support chat & yet the problem hasn't been fixed yet.

it states that it has been fixed when it hasn't been yet. that lead me to confusion of what the deal really is.

now, i've got nothing but regret. i must've gotten the wrong product.

jayjay
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

now, i really am frustrated with this product.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Hi jayjay,

Could you please provide me with the case number that you received from technical support chat so that let me drill down the problem here and help you in getting this resolved.

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community