Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hyrtster
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

how can i set a folder in trust list in Mcafee 2010 total protection

Jump to solution

i installed a game which mcafee report as a threat. however, i trust it. Can i add these files into mcafee trust list and how to do ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: how can i set a folder in trust list in Mcafee 2010 total protection

Jump to solution

That is a feature we have been asking for for a while now.  Unless the object is detected as a PUP or possibly unwanted program, then it cannot be ignored at present.

In order to stop it being detected you would have to temporarily disable detection and restore the file, if already quarantined, and report it to the Threat Center for clearance.

The procedure is outlined here: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

That is a feature we have been asking for for a while now.  Unless the object is detected as a PUP or possibly unwanted program, then it cannot be ignored at present.

In order to stop it being detected you would have to temporarily disable detection and restore the file, if already quarantined, and report it to the Threat Center for clearance.

The procedure is outlined here: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

hyrtster
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

thanks you. i suggest mcafee to improve it. it comes inconvient and unsafe.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I agree.

GWE
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

It looks like this is still not fixed?? I am still not able to make quaentined files as trusted.  Am I missing something?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi GWE, this is rather an old thread but yes and no to your question.  You can, in the 2011+ products, exclude files and folders or drives from manual or scheduled scans, but not from the real-time scanner.  This used to be allowed and still is with the Enterprise product and we Moderators/Administrators are pushing for its re-introduction.

Until then, if it's detecting something wrongly as an infection, read here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

(As I mentioned earlier in the thread).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community