cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carpaking
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

hi guys,i have a question, i need your help

I have an HP Pavilion PC with a 64 bit Windows Vista system. Owing to the nature of my PC usage I MUST run with ALL firewalls down and ALL popups allowed.

In addition I MUST use Adobe addon like Flash and Reader, AIR and Shockwave as well as Action X. I MUST also use FireFox browsers for these activities.

What I want to know is this- why does McAfee keep allowing my FireFox browsers to crash- constantly? No matter how often I upgrade FF McAfee ALWAYS

screws it up and crashes! As you may already know FireFox is staffed by a bunch of lunatics w/o intelligence so do NOT suggest asking them! I have asked and

asked and asked again to no avail dammit! HP will not help me. FF won't or can't help me. McAfee constantly uninstalls/reinstalls itself and always fouls up

something every single day! I have tried System Restore on the average of 25 times an hour and NOTHING works!! Is there anyone out there who knows what the Hell

is wrong with this piece of crap? Wish I could afford a Windows 7 upgrade but I am unemployed and have to depend on surveys, web ad surfing, contests, etc. just to make a little money!

PLEASE HELP out a poor slob nobody cares about? Please? Thanks I hope and sayonara for now- K&K- Brookhaven PA- USA

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: hi guys,i have a question, i need your help

The software is no longer supported on Windows Vista.  But you could try running the Virtual Technician to see if it helps:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ - if not then uninstall the software and download a free one that is compatible.  (Google search)

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community