Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fasttrack80
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

firewall not logging inbound events

Hello!

I recently checked the inbound events log and noticed that there are no entries as of 1/19/2010. Ran MVT (session ID# 23720136) no problems found.  

Only changes made was a new modem was installed on 1/18/2010 by AT&T tech to replace defective unit.Thinking this new unit (Westell Proline F90-610025-06)

has a firewall, I contacted AT&T support and was told that this is a basic modem and does not include a firewall.No changes were made to the McAfee firewall. Any ideas

on why no inbound events are being logged?

thank you for your help

Vista home premium sp2,AT&T dsl, McAfee Security Center v.9.15.160, Personal Firewall v.10.15.106

5 Replies
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: firewall not logging inbound events

Hello fasttrack80.

My I suggest getting into McAfee Security Center. Right click McAfee icon in lower right windowpane:

Click "open Security Center ";

Click "Internet & Network" ;

On the right hand side with a small arrow that says "Configure" left click it;

Now you are at Internet & New work Configuration. In the narrow window below it says Firewall protection is enabled. In that narrow window lift click the "Advanced" tab:

A new window opens on the upper lift hand side it well say "firewall: the first option well be "Security Level". The second option well be "Permissions." Left click it:

Scroll down to see all of McAfee's "Permissions icons. Make sure all McAfee's "permissions are on"Full Access. All of them !

Below well be an attachment picture of the end result.

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 1/26/10 4:14:34 PM CST
fasttrack80
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

CrazyChuck: All Mcafee icons have full access in program permissions. Anything else we can try?

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I'm sorry but I am leaving McAfee Community. Ex_Bret or, Dinz will help you from here. I'll be deleting all my posts soon and just be gone. I'm sorry.

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I'm sorry am leaving McAfee Community. I'll be deleting all my posts and I'm gone. Dinz or Ex_Brit will help you from here. Again I'm sorry.

fasttrack80
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Sorry to hear that CrazyChuck left the community. Will others monitor this thread? Same problem continues.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community