Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

error message does not allow data with GET requests or too much data

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this error message when I tried registering with this community help forum on my other laptop?

Does not allow request data with GET requests or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

How do I get around this?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kumar_suman
Message 5 of 6

Re: error message does not allow data with GET requests or too much data

Jump to solution

Hi @sleighbellsk ,

Greetings.

Unwanted Cookies and caches may lead to interrupt website performance. It is recommended to clear Cookies once in a while. You can use McAfee Tracker remover to resolve these kind of issues.

Regards,

Kumar

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @sleighbellsk 

Greetings from McAfee.

It is mentioned in the post that you are trying to register to the community forum on different device, Kindly let us know if you are using same email or different email address to register.

Workaround:

• Clear the cookies and cache from the browser.
  • Login with same credential used while creating the account on forum.
  • In order to register again, Kindly use different email address and user name.

Regards,
Kumar

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for replying. I've tried on my other device now and was able to just log in on it using email I had registered with on this device.

The weird thing is after posting this message about the error message I was getting I tried to post the question I originally wanted answering about quick clean being turned off somehow. But when I tried to post that I got same error message on this laptop that I had on the other one!

Have now managed to post that question but still confused as to why getting error messages all the time.

sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Kumar,

Just to update you, I had same error message reappear again, so I cleared the cookies for Mcafee on my Edge browser and it worked again with no error message coming up. Is this going to keep happening over and over that I have to keep clearing the cookies to use Mcafee website? Is this normal?

Thanks.

Kumar_suman
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @sleighbellsk ,

Greetings.

Unwanted Cookies and caches may lead to interrupt website performance. It is recommended to clear Cookies once in a while. You can use McAfee Tracker remover to resolve these kind of issues.

Regards,

Kumar

sleighbellsk
Contributor II
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Kumar,

Seems to have stopped happening now on both laptops, thanks for your help.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community