cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vindi62
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

delete my product from account

First of all let me explain that I'm a complete novice with technology, so my request may sound stupid.  Anyway, recently I bought a NEW Lenovo AIO 3, and would like to know how to delete my OLD lenovo, within my account which shows all the devices added to McAffe, and add the NEW one.  I also see I have laptops here also, but how do I know which ones to delete, or does it matter?  The attchment shows what I mean.

2 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 3

Re: delete my product from account

Hi @Vindi62 

Greetings from McAfee!

When you uninstall your McAfee software from a device, you might need to remove the device from My Account. You might also need to deactivate the device in My Account if it is not deactivated automatically. Kindly refer the below article for managing devices in McAfee account.

Remove or deactivate a device

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for technical assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Vindi62
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: delete my product from account

Hi, I don't want to delete my McAffee software, I just want to delete the icon within my devices.  I have only one "Nokia" smart phone but there are two icons.  I have now only one laptop, but there are two icons there, so I don't know which one to delete.  Also I have a Lenovo desktop icon, which I should be able to select to delete, as I now have bought a new lenovo which I will add into my devices one I get it all set up. Another thing I would like to know, for future reference should I buy a new device, can I rename it anything I want?  When I add my new lenovo,cand I rename it, say "My Lenovo" instead of it just showing Lenovo?  One thing more, as a complete novice, couldn't McAffe create a simple "Window Mail" address which has the attachment capablitity, so I could send an attachment of a screen print to show you what I mean?  It would be much easier that way.  Do you have a simple Windows Mail email address that I could use?  Also can you reply about this comment straight to my email address, that way I could sent you the screen print I have?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community