cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katztale
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

cant get rid of yahoo adress bar search

Since I installed McAfee and chose the Site Advisor option, I have found that my searches are being re-directed to Yahoo!. I don't want this...

I use search into my address bar all the time and dont want to use yahoo. I have removed it from internet options yet it still uses yahoo.

Does anyone know how to disable it?

I have clicked on the arrow in the bottom right corner or the browser, clicked options, unticked the "Enable Secure Search in my browser box" and still nothing. There is a button next to "Make secure search my browser's default search engine" that simply says 'Yes'. But when you press it nothing happens, it doesn't change. I have tried restarting the browser.

How can I get rid of Yahoo, I can't stand it.

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: cant get rid of yahoo adress bar search

I said yes and saved restarted  firefox and still on google.  try changing to google in the search bar. My SA is on 3.7.0.186 Maybe they changed the secure search to use default you choose.

I will ask around as well

Ok secure search does not activate on my pc maybe as I am on a beta Mcafee version. On my wife's PC to the left of the secure search bar is a Mcafee shield and next to it is a arrow. Click on the arrow and choose google . does that work?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 22/05/14 7:45:59 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community