cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent09
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

cant activate mcafee

I can  not activate mcafee..it tells me to enter create a user name then tells me it is not right..how can this be..i AM creating the damn thing.

6 Replies
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: cant activate mcafee

I've moved your post to our Home and Home office product area.

Hopefully someone can help you soon.

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Please try the below mentioned steps:

Right click on ther M Icon in the System Tray(Lower Right Corner)-->Click on Product Setup.

If you are a new user the windows that popups up will give you a form to register.Please complete it to register youself with McAfee. The information that you provide while registration would remain as your credentials to install McAfee from the website.

If are already registered , then on the window that popups you will find "Current user McAfee login" click on that and enter your User Name and password. This will succesfully verify your information.

Once this process is completed your product will get activated and you will start receiving updates.

Regards,

Mohan.B

Jimmy1
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

This tutorial will help you to activate it online.

After you redeem the card, you can download and install your McAfee software and activate your subscription.
  1. Open a web browser and go to the link shown on your retail card (for example mcafee.com/activate).
  2. Select your country and language. ...
  3. Type: ...
  4. Click Submit.
  5. When prompted, check that your Email Address is correct.
sivasubramanian
Message 5 of 7

@SamuelAndrews 

For more info on McAfee Activation, follow our article How to redeem your McAfee software retail card and activate your subscription

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Mygiftcardsite1
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Same problem i am facing during activation. thanks for help me.https://mygiftcardsitez.online/

realsherry
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Its not really a difficult task just visit the link provided on the Card like mcafee. Enter your Email Address the you have to select the Language and other details. 

Then you have to select Type . Confirm link from your mail address. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community