Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kris16
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

being 'over quota'

Jump to solution

every time i start my computer i get this tiny message before anything else opens up: "You are over quota, please reconfigure to use less space".

WHERE am i over quota and how do i fix it?? thx. kris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: being 'over quota'

Jump to solution

Not sure but Kris16 may be talking about windows 7 Qouta.Vista may have this feature also.First you have to go to bottom left of screen.Click on windows flag and then computer.Then under OS:(C) right click.Choose properties.There should be a tab that says Quota.Go into advanced and make sure it says no limit.Image below.

Message was edited by: jim jones on 2/17/11 3:21:54 PM EST

Message was edited by: jim jones on 2/17/11 3:23:11 PM EST

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

being 'over quota'

Jump to solution

Do you use online backup?  "You are over quota, please reconfigure to use less space" is the message that comes up when you go over your free quota of online backup space.

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Not sure but Kris16 may be talking about windows 7 Qouta.Vista may have this feature also.First you have to go to bottom left of screen.Click on windows flag and then computer.Then under OS:(C) right click.Choose properties.There should be a tab that says Quota.Go into advanced and make sure it says no limit.Image below.

Message was edited by: jim jones on 2/17/11 3:21:54 PM EST

Message was edited by: jim jones on 2/17/11 3:23:11 PM EST
Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Probably we can be a bit clear if Kris , you could get a screen shot of the same and post it here (in .jpg format)

Kris16
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

thank you Dinz , for your advice. you are correct to asking me to be more precise, so you can help me. i did figure it out after your colleagues actually hinted me in the rite direction.

it was mcafee that posted this lil window in my windows vista computer - stating i am over quota. i did follow the suggestion to go into the c drive and enable the unlimited disk space for me. thank u.  do enjoy. kris

Message was edited by: Kirsten Mattick on 17/02/11 6:55:12 CST PM

Message was edited by: Kirsten Mattick on 17/02/11 6:57:50 CST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community