cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gummybear
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

backdoor-EDY.b

we have had this trojan recurring for 8 days now , had mcafee remote removal service 2x, say we have no infection but still mcafee detects when we load explorer and then auto removes each time, have restarted in safe mode with auto restore off , deleted all temp internet files as did mcafee removal service two times including hidden files. they say i have to just keep deleting this every day for ever .This does not seem right this troj is still here somewhere, what do i do now ? help

2 Replies
sunvit
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: backdoor-EDY.b

I know you feel quite helpless. But I could suggest you to do something that could solve your issue. Please could you send me the the suspected infected files in a zip format (password protected with passort - infected) . Do not send via gmail , as gmail does not allow exe files and other files to be send through it.

My email id is : Edited by MOD. Also send me the details of the errors that makes you feel that your system is infected and also if possible the website details from where you have infected the file or teh source of the infection.

I could respond once the I get some samples.

Message was edited by: Dinz for security purpose on 2/16/10 8:27:16 AM GMT-06:00
Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: backdoor-EDY.b

Hi,

I would recommend ssending a sample to McAfee Labs where our expert research engineers would be able to research on it and they will help as required. Please follow these steps to submit the files;

All files submitted via email must be packaged in a .ZIP

archive. The archive must be less than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, you must password-protect the archive with the password infected

Email submissions should be sent to virus_research@avertlabs.com. If you submit a sample via email, include the additional information below to help speed the sample review process:

• A list of all files contained in the sample submission, including a brief description of where or how the files were found.
  • What symptoms cause you to suspect that your computer is infected.
  • Whether any products detected a virus or spyware (version number, company, virus/spyware name given).
  • Your McAfee Product information (Product, Engine and DAT versions).
  • System details that may be relevant (Operating System, Service Packs).
  • Your name, company name, phone number and email address if possible.

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community