cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fancy
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

acdsee9.exe detected as trojan!!

acdsee9.exe was detected as Generic Dropper.va.gen.g Trojan ... i use this software almost everyday!!

it's not a trojan,i have requested that mcafee add a trusted list to avoid such headache since ages but nobody cares!!

what is the solution to this problem?i want to use this software & i don't care if you guys think it's a trojan or not!!

8 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: acdsee9.exe detected as trojan!!

Follow the instructions in this link and submit to McAfee for analysis. McAfee uses Artemis technology and until they receice a sample to review the software will not allow this.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100095

fancy
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

i uninstalled this version then upgraded to acdsee v12

i hate mcafee :(...keep ignoring our request to add a trusted programs list & you will lose your customers everyday!!

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but do understand McAfee is trying to protect your computer completely. If a program (or) a file (or) its recent updates carries any suspecious variants then defenitely McAfee would analyze them and clean/quarantine/delete them accordingly.

Latest
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Also happening here as of yesterday, please advise on this error. ACDSee9.0 is obviously not a virus.

fancy
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

The problem isn't in the file itself coz i use it since years,the problem is that mcafee added it to the virus database latest update,

you could just exclude it in the next update then the problem will be solved.

mcafee.jpg

Message was edited by: fancy on 1/5/11 2:40:35 PM GMT-06:00
Latest
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

True. Problems began here yesterday. We have several pcs.

So the experts at Mcafee need to examine this latest update pertaining to ACDSee9. Please advise.

Rainbow123
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

I have the same ACDSEE issue, and McAfee provides no help to solve it

I had the same problem, and I have reached the same conclusion that this is a false-positive virus identification. Like you, I have not received any help from McAfee. I spent hours diagnosing the issue including reinstalling ACDSEE9.exe. Then I spent a long time on the online chat with "Ashok TS" from McAfee. Ashok gave me an e-mail address to send the file, and he assured me that I would get a response. I sent the file 2 weeks ago, and I have received no response. Every time I want to use ACDSEE, I have to restore the quaranteened file and disable the virus protection.

Here is one of the messages from Ashok:

You can send emails directly to our automated systems at virus_research@avertlabs.com. If the automated system is unable to determine a threat exists then the issue will be escalated to McAfee analysts.

Ashok repeatedly asked me if there was anything else he could do to help me, but he offered zero help for the problem and he gave me false expectations that someone would look at the file and respond to me.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Re: I have the same ACDSEE issue, and McAfee provides no help to solve it

Hello Rainbow123,

I have seen that you sent the file two weeks ago, two weeks ago, everybody was probably on New Years/Christmas holiday, thus, they missed your FP report.

Also; a lot of False positives get reported, and yours might have gotten put down the list.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community