cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlesroland
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Yet another of these things turn up while I am Playing a Zynga Game!

Jump to solution

Is this coming from Zynga or is it coming from Adobe Flash Player?  I have heard that Adobe has serious security issues.

*** MALICIOUS LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR ***

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yet another of these things turn up while I am Playing a Zynga Game!

Jump to solution

Interesting. I removed the link and it took out the image, which I took to be a screenshot.

If you can find the image re-post it by using the built-in functions that Jive supplies. The one you want is the one to the right of the Ordered List icon.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

The link you posted was to a malicious site. Don't post anything like that again.

The Edge warning does not look genuine. However, that server name maps to an IP address owned by Digital Ocean which has hosted a number of malicious scareware domains. The rest of the message has the appearance of a scareware scam. The phone numbers are fake, as far as I can tell. They don't belong to any known company and so may be part of a scam. I do not recommend that you enter your username and password in any unexpected pop-up dialog box.

I doubt whether what you posted has anything to do with Zynga. It has nothing to do with Flash.

What I do think is that your device, whatever it is, has been infected with malware and you should take steps to remove the malware immediately. If you have entered any passwords since seeing that message you must assume that any password-protected accounts or devices have been compromised. After clearing whatever malware you have picked up, change the passwords.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Interesting. I removed the link and it took out the image, which I took to be a screenshot.

If you can find the image re-post it by using the built-in functions that Jive supplies. The one you want is the one to the right of the Ordered List icon.

charlesroland
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

I shredded the folder with all that in it.  I took your advise and the nice people at Mcafee service department got me in touch with a you lady who ran the McAfee Addware Cleaner.  After all this aggravation I was about to even open the folder with that stuff in it.  I however did find another copy of the popup.  I have a Screen shot of the complete Link Address if you would like that to.  I don't the thing will work if its a screen shot of a note pad file which was shredded wit the McAfee shredder tool.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community