cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdhinaka
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Wireless network disconnection issue

My wireless network connection disconnects with the message "Internet Disconnected". If I try to reconnect I don't
find even a single wi-fi available in the area. I even don't see my own network. But my other devices(cell phones)
are connected to my wi-fi network.
Even logging off does not work. I have to restart my machine to connect to the network again.
Sometimes disabling and enabling the wireless network adapter using control panel-device managaer works. But
sometimes the device manager also hangs.
please let me know if it is due to some virus or some other process running on my machine.
I have Mcafee antivirus plus running.
3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wireless network disconnection issue

Hello vdhinaka,

Could you please provide us more information about the following:

1. Do you have any other antivirus software installed on the machine ?
2. What is the brand of wi-fi router that you use ? if Yes then what the version of that ?

3. Do you receive any pop ups in the computer from any different security software.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

on 13/10/10 4:21:19 AM IST
vdhinaka
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I don't have any other virus protection software. I used run Windows Defender along with Mcafee  but recently I disabled Windows Defender. I was having the same problem even when I was running both.

I use Binatone. I had this problem even when I was using D-Link and even at different location. So I don't suspect the wireless router.

I don't receive popups from any other security software.

I was running this machine for  two years without any virus protection(only using Windows Defender).  I was having too many virus issues and most of them got resolved after I installled Mcafee. But this one is still happening.

Is it possible someone from my ISP is disconnecting me just for fun?

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Vdhinaka,

I don't think anyone from ISP does this rather it may be happening due to Malware infection also, any how please click on the useful links on top of this page, contact our technical support chat team so that they would check that and confirm it for you

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community