cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oregon007
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Windows 10 upgrade won't let SafeKey work (Screenshot)

Hi all--this seems to be a recent issue and I saw a few members already posting about the same thing, but I decided to start my own thread because I have a screenshot of the problem that doesn't permit me to add SafeKey. It seems like it doesn't work on any browser if Window 10 upgrade is already implemented according to other posters.

This image will tell you that I have the Windows 10 upgrade, my internet connection works well, and that the error seems to tell us that there is an internet connection problem for being unable to install SafeKey. Just wondering if anyone has a good idea from this screenshot of what the issue may be.

I still have Safekey working on other mobile devices so I am still able to log into accounts as I please, but it's a hassle typing out the complex passwords I got from the SafeKey's password generator every time.

Thank you for your time!

safekeyinstallerrorWin10.jpg

27 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 28

Re: Windows 10 upgrade won't let SafeKey work (Screenshot)

Have you tried setting IE11 as your default?  At least try it for as long as it takes to get SafeKey working again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 28

I should have added that none of the McAfee browser add-ons are compatible with Edge browser due to Microsoft restrictions on allowing add-one.  That is being worked on apparently.

oregon007
Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Thank you, Ex Brit! I found that my IE is up to date and that it's already set as my default browser. I even tried turning off Window Smart Screen Filter (regulates apps and downloads) and restarting--still a no go. I keep thinking if I use some older version of IE, it might be compatible with SafeKey. The Edge stuff is still new to me and I do hope McAfee can find a way to make SafeKey compatible with the Edge platform. My All Access software was able to still work for Windows 10 and I was able to smooth any minor issues in that aspect with the help of the Virtual Technican. The VT wasn't able to identify any issue with the SafeKey dealio, unfortunately. Overall, Windows 10 has given me a huge improvement on my laptop performance, so I hope SafeKey can get on with the new program. Literally.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 28

If I were you I would phone Technical Support, it's free of charge:

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

yasuiwasaki
Former Member
Message 6 of 28

Hello, I have same problem in Japanese version, too. And I decided to step back to Windows7, safekey had removed. When I tried to install safekey, same problem with Oregon007 had happen.

So, I am following this tree.

ryan890
Former Member
Message 7 of 28

I, too, am looking for a solution...

I have the same problem ("Internet Connectivity Failure") when trying to create a new SafeKey account on a Windows 10 computer.

McAfee tech support spent about 30 minutes trying to resolve the problem, by returning IE to default settings, running some McAfee diagnostic software, and reinstalling SafeKey, but nothing worked. They suggested escalating the problem to their top support guy, but the earliest they would be able to call me back would be two days from now, and I'm going to be very busy next week, so I declined the callback.

I'll be checking back here to see if it's resolved, or I might just not use SafeKey. It seems to be buggy both on Windows and IOS.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 28

I'm going to ask a question about this on our next Conference Call with McAfee, next Monday afternoon.  Will report back if I hear anything constructive.

---

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

allturk
Contributor
Message 9 of 28

Hi,

I am from Turkey. I have same problem and I wrote online technical support. He wrote that The problem will be resolved in a few days.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 28

allturk wrote:

Hi,

I am from Turkey. I have same problem and I wrote online technical support. He wrote that The problem will be resolved in a few days.

Thanks for letting us know.   😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community