cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnalep
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

When McAfee VPN is ON - often can't read AOL mail, using Firefox browser.

I am reading AOL mail using my firefox browser. It will work for a while, then cannot read mail messages. I noticed that if I turn VPN off - I can again read my AOL email.

How can I fix this?

thanks,

mnalep

2 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 3

Re: When McAfee VPN is ON - often can't read AOL mail, using Firefox browser.

Hi @mnalep 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please perform the below steps and check how it goes.

=> Ensure windows updates are up to date

=> Remove any third party anti virus program or VPN program on the working device.

=> Ensure McAfee program is installed with the latest version.

=> Please confirm with your internet service provider are they allowing VPN network to connect email service.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

mnalep
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: When McAfee VPN is ON - often can't read AOL mail, using Firefox browser.

I have checked the three things you mentioned, none worked.

BTW, I have seen this issue on two different computers (I forgot to mention this earlier).

Also, every time I get an error trying to read AOL mail, I can turn off VPN, and immediately I can again start reading AOL email messages. It's pretty obvious McAfee VPN is not working right with AOL mail.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community