cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 59

Re: When I click 'check for updates', DAT version 6809 doesn't update to 6811?

You can try it by all means.   Sorry I thought you had.  That's the problem with doing everything at a great rate of knots, sorry.   I appear to be the only Mod awake at the moment.

kez
Contributor III
Message 22 of 59

I know. I have been putting it off...

Have reinstalled on my netbook, and am waiting to see if it runs the scheduled scan as it should

What I can't figure out is why my account profile says that I have two PCs protected (which I do), but Sec Centre says only one...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 59

Customer Service can sort that out for you.  It's a free phone call and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.  It can happen if the software isn't uninstalled using Control Panel first before running MCPR, but there are other reasons too and they can sort it all out.

kez
Contributor III
Message 24 of 59

Thank you, Peter. I did remove from Control Panel, before running removal tool.

Not sure if you mean a Freephone/tollfreenumber, or that they don't charge for tech support, but it's not the former! It's a London number for the UK!

Just says wait time is high, with no idea of how long it will take to get though (not surprised). 10 mins so far.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 25 of 59

It's all country-dependent.  I suspect it's a free call in Canada (where Peter is) and in the States. Not here though.

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call us at 020 79490107.

Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes

Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

I hope you're not on hold waiting for someone to answer? If you are, that wait time is very high for a paid-for call (at National rates if you're outside London). And at the moment, with the DAT issue still ongoing, I think they'll be very busy indeed. You may be on the phone for some time before you get through to someone.

McAfee should perhaps look into setting up an 0845 number for Customer Service calls in the UK - or even an 0800 number.

To answer the thread question, DAT 6111 may be ready but the servers are probably tied up with the mega-download for all the Business customers. I've noticed McAfee servers on the Business side are periodically unresponsive. Home users will get the update when the network traffic comes down from its current high levels.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/08/12 15:49:23 IST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 59

Well kez you are in the London area I believe, so it should be more or less a local call anyway.   Customer Service for account issues, not Technical Support, that's the correct number Hayton just posted.  Or you can use the online chat which is most definitely free.

Maybe that toll-free number is a suggestion for our next conference call?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/08/12 10:39:58 EDT AM
jamesx
Former Member
Message 27 of 59

i installed the 6811 superDAT    and now shows

DAT6811.0000

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 59

Same here 😉

sivachandran0
Former Member
Message 29 of 59

Same here , but its updated now .......... i saw through console that pull tasks didnt happen past 6 hours

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 59

Instead of reinstalling it might also be feasible to delete the 6807/9 folder and click on update

program files/mcafee/virusscan/dat/6809

Removing this might put a clean dat there. I have not seen any issues with my wife's PC after an update but Mcafee seems to be exploring the above path for some reason.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community