cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plotinus
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

What is the current McAfee equivalent of McAfee SecurityCenter?

At the moment I have McAfee SecurityCenter Ver 11 and I have just had an email saying that my auto-renewal will kick in soon. Last year the renewal cost £25; this year McAfee are saying that the renewal will cost £55 plus tax! Of course, the first thing I did was to immediately go to my account and switch off auto-renewal. The cynical part of me says that McAfee are relying on people forgetting about auto-renewal and just letting these exhorbitant sums automatically come out of their accounts.

Anyway, before I phone up McAfee and ask them what they are playing at I thought I'd check what the current prices are on the McAfee site. At the moment they have an offer for McAfee Internet Security 2012 for 1 PC of £25 - the same as I paid last year. Looking at the list of features it seems very similar to McAfee SecurityCenter Ver 11. Am I correct in this assumption?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: What is the current McAfee equivalent of McAfee SecurityCenter?

If I were you I would shop around for the best price.  Often there are cheaper offers off the main website but be careful, don't buy from unofficial sources.

Auto-renewal is at whatever the regular price is, but often you can get a discount elsewhere.   If you go that route uninstall the old one in the normal way, run the MCPR cleanup (listed under Useful Links at the top of this page), reboot and then install your new one.

The about-to-be-released version of SecurityCenter is only slightly different from the current one and will be v12.1, some cosmetic changes, a new engine, and a couple of extra tools, depending on which suite you purchase.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/08/12 5:33:06 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community