cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abmchi
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

What is McAfee's Response to Meltdown Fix packaged within Jan 4 2018 (Monthly Rollup)-KB4056894

This Rollup [for  Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1] includes multiple items and downloads without the new Reg Key ... yet Microsoft wants us to get go-ahead from McAfee before installing the roll-up ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056894/windows-7-update-kb4056894 ) .

I have McAfee Total Protection as customer, not enterprise.

I cannot find any new update from McAfee other than for Enterprise and I would like to be able to install Rollups - How long will it take McAfee to give the all clear as this is now being embedded into rollups? !

5 Replies
abmchi
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: What is McAfee's Response to Meltdown Fix packaged within Jan 4 2018 (Monthly Rollup)-KB4056894

I just now found an update from McAfee that answers the question that Microsoft raised re compatibility, namely, Document ID: TS102769 for consumers found at

http://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=&articleId =TS102769 , which says among other things:

" Current status: Compatibility testing by McAfee has been completed on the products listed below." ...

..." Windows Product Compatibility for McAfee Products

McAfee has performed validation testing on the following products and found them to be compatible.

• McAfee LiveSafe (MLS)
  • McAfee All Access (MAA)
  • McAfee Total Protection (MTP)
  • McAfee Internet Security (MIS)
  • McAfee Anti-Virus Plus (MAV+)
  • McAfee Anti-Virus (MAV)
  • McAfee Cloud AV

Please continue to return to this page for the latest updates. "

truffle
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

Re: What is McAfee's Response to Meltdown Fix packaged within Jan 4 2018 (Monthly Rollup)-KB4056894

I have "Security Center" provided by Dell.  I don't see "Security Center" on the list.  The bulletin also mentions: "McAfee is rolling out an update that creates this registry entry automatically for product versions for version 15.0 R4 and above."  Has anyone had the registry updated yet?

truffle
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

I now see the registry change with "Security Center".  I also have received the update.

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Strange, I'm also running SecurityCenter provided by Dell and haven't received the update.

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I've received the update now, but it didn't come through automatically.

I decided to run Virtual Technician on the off-chance it might find something and it reported one problem, that McAfee was "Incompatible with Microsoft Update Patch". MVT then fixed the issue the update appeared in Window Update after a manual check. Kind of an awkward fix and I still don't know why the registry key wasn't added earlier during the SecurityCenter update, but at least the compatibility issue's fixed. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community