cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewsheh
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

What computers will Internet Security disable the Internet

I bought a 3 PC subscription hoping to protect my computers.  However, I lost internet in 1 PC (older Windows XP machine) but am OK with a Windows 7 machine

I know it was XP machine had some malware but no virus (according to Mcfee).  After installing and uninstalling McAfee Internet Security 2 times, I know the internet connection lost is due to Internet Seucrity (not SiteAdvisor). 

Is there a list of hardware or software specs that disables the internet?  I mean if know which configurations will not work at this time with McAfee Internet Security.  

I need to install it on a small server XP machine and I cannot afford to have internet disabled.  I only run SugarSync, internet browser and Skype on the machines on Windows XP - SP3.  Hardware configuration varies.

Andrew

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: What computers will Internet Security disable the Internet

First of all it must be XP SP3 for the software to be compatible and I recommend that you upgrade Internet Explorer to IE8 at your earliest opportunity.

The Internet connection should be restored if you fully uninstalled the software using Control Panel, then ran the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot and reinstall from the online account, NOT from any CD that you have.

Alternatively try to use System Restore to go back to before all this happened, but don't forget to update everything afterwards if that works.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/10/12 9:06:16 EDT PM
knsingh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: What computers will Internet Security disable the Internet

Adding to Ex-Brit suggestions ,

I would like to know after unistalling McAfee does the Internet connection work. IF yes,

I would recomend to check if you have bonjour in add or remove program list. Kindly uninstall that and check if you still have internet connnectivity issue.

Regards

Kriz

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community